Chapter 10

The next morning we wake up to the smell of smoke an we see the island burning. Immediately Jack  runs towards Elizabeth and I follow

"No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You burned all the food, the shade! The rum!"

"Yes, the rum is gone."

'She is so cruel. What did the poor rum ever do to her'

"Why is the rum gone?" Jack asks

"One, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for me, do you really think that there is even the slightest chance that they won?t see it?"

At this point Jack looks at me like a kicked puppy and repeats

"But why is the rum gone?"

Then Elizabeth sits to stare at the horizon as I'm hugging and kissing Jack softly to console him

"Just wait, Captain Sparrow. You give it one hour, maybe two, keep a weather eye out and then you will see white sails on that horizon."

Jack pulls away from me takes out his pistol and aims it to Elizabeth, thinks better of it and puts it back. He then stalks off as he imitates Elizabeth

"Must?ve been terrible for you to be trapped here, Jack . Must?ve been terrible for you.? Well it bloody is now!"

I spot the Dauntless

"There'll be no living with her after this." I say as I point it out to Jack

On the Dauntless

"But we've got to save Will." Said Elizabeth

And I want to scream to her that this is what wrappers when you do not think your plan through. Jack notices my anger and holds my hand discreetly

"No. You're safe now. We will return to Port Royal immediately, not go gallivanting after pirates!"

"Then we condemn him to death."

"The boy's fate is regrettable, but, then, so was his decision to engage in piracy."

"To rescue me. To prevent anything from happening to me."

Jack then decides to intervene

"If I may be so bold as to inject my professional opinion. The Pearl was listing near to scuppers after the battle. It's very unlikely she'll be able to make good time. Think about it. The Black Pearl . The last real pirate threat in the Caribbean , mate. How can you pass that up?"

Norrington sneers and answered him

"By remembering that I serve others, Mr. Sparrow , not only myself."

"Commodore, I beg you, please do this. For me. As a wedding gift."

"Elizabeth . Are you accepting the Commodore?s proposal?"

"I am."

"A wedding! I love weddings?drinks all around! [extends his arms] I know. ?Clap him in irons,? right?"

I hit him lightly on the side 'honestly why do I like this idiot'

"Mr. Sparrow , you will accompany these fine men to the helm and provide us with the bearing to Isla de Muerta . You will then spend the rest of the voyage contemplating all possible meanings of the phrase 'silent as the grave.? Do I make myself clear?'"

"Inescapably clear."

"And you Miss Turner..."

"And I shall accompany him to make sure he behaves" I chime in quickly before he can say anything else