Chapter One

Engaging with my first Titan with the gear and my survey corps jacket takes me back to a memory that never leaves my mind.

It was almost a year ago when I almost died, I can remember the scene as if it happened seconds ago. I was a rebel in the underground with some friends. One of my closest friends got swallowed and eaten by a Titan before my very eyes.
I was paralysed with shock I almost died by the same Titan. But the man I haven't seen in years saved me from a horrible fate. That was Levi Ackerman. My older brother.

I hadn't seen him since I was a teenager. Well I was 19 but I haven't seen him in over 4 years and I wasn't entirely expecting to be reunited with him like this. Or ever.

"Lani, are you trying to get yourself killed ?"
I snap out of my shock of seeing him again for the first time in awhile. He was talking to me like he used to. Like I was a burden.
I glare at him sharply,
"It's nice seeing you but I have to go save people from death"
I didn't even plan on saying that myself.
Maybe I said it because I was trying to prove to Levi that I'm just as good as him. So that's when I joined the Survey Corps to rid of all humanity's weakness, the titans.

I daze out of the memory and look ahead of me. On the roof I stand on I see other soldiers fight titans and get the public to safety. I spot a small Titan that is eyeing me with it's creepy large eyes and I pounce. I swing down and slice it's throat as a beginner and quickly finish it off as I twist around to the back nape and kill the Titan.
That's the 5th Titan I killed in almost 30 minutes. People call me talented in the gear and their not wrong I am very swiftly when it comes to ending the titans. But most people think I'm only talented because of Commander Levi. Which isn't necessarily true.
I originally joined the scouts to prove to my older brother that I have grown I am strong . But I now stay in the scouts to destroy the titans and find out their secrets. I want to avenge my friends deaths. But it's specifically hard to when your living in Levi Ackerman's shadow .

A/N: hey , I haven't done a aot fanfic so I decided to make one ! I've had help from my good friend, wacky-weaboo. You should follow them and read there stories please comment if you like this story so far and if you'd like more chapters!
-AlTheUltimateTrAshh