TAEHYUNG

Taehyung sighed and threw himself onto the soft bed, hugging a pillow in the process. He tilted his head to the left and stared at his buzzing phone. The caller was Jieun, but he held in his urge to answer her calls.

He couldn't.

He couldn't fall into her trap again and get his heart broken like what happened in the past. Taehyung was confused on why she decided to call after four months. The phone was so tempting to reach for and he did. He grabbed his phone and scrolled through his notifications.

There were nine voicemails from Jieun. He sat up and held his breath for a short moment before listening to them. They were short and simple, all willed with desire and wishful wanting for him. But the last one hit him the most.

He knew she was scared of hospitals because she had to visit them monthly for some unknown reason. She also hated them with a passion. She would rant about them without even realizing that she was doing so.

But how did she overdose on pills? She never took any sort of pills when I was dating her. Was she taking them the whole time without me realizing it?

He gripped his phone harder, getting increasingly concerned for his past lover. Don't give in, he thought to himself, she could be lying.

But she wouldn't, his thoughts fought back.

He couldn't make up his mind and covered himself with a blanket. He clenched his eyes shut and blocked out any thoughts about her.

And before he knew it, the darkness consumed him.