Just Some Tips and Reminders

NOTE: everything is based off of the opinion and observations of the author. This is just advice written by her own knowledge, and you are by no means obligated to follow any of her "rules or guidelines." They are only there to provide help if needed, or suggestions. Every author has the right to create whatever they want!

**WARNING: this section is very controversial**

1.) Don't make your book too short, unless you are doing a short story. (Also, keep in mind that some people might not like it too long).

2.) Please watch if you misspell something, because even I do it sometimes. Some people have built-in auto correct, but even so, check over your grammar and writing.

3.) Don't make only good things happen to your character(s). We've covered the Mary Sue thing!

4.) If you didn't read beyond the Last Hope, do not make a Warriors Fanfiction that is a continuation of the old characters, or you will be confused and get many things wrong.

5.) The Dark Forest doesn't come back. The Clans already defeated them (but keep in mind that some cats from the Dark Forest are still alive *smirks*).

6.) Scourge DOESN'T HAVE KITS OR A MATE.

7.) Sandstorm only had one litter of kits with Firestar.

8.) I recommend not to let your she-cat deputy or leader to have kits, because since they're female, they'd stay in the nursery for five to six moons doing nothing but taking care of kits. It is possible, because it happened twice in the books, but I just think you should limit this.

9.) Many people don't like it when you add more Clans to the original four, though no one's stopping you. If you do, add a good reason why a new Clan is forming, and include how the other Clans feel about this, because if you do, it might be interesting.

9.5.) if you want to create a Fanfiction about SkyClan, read the newest warriors series entitled A Vision of Shadows. SkyClan makes an appearance and whatever canon events that happen in his book may become a conflict with your Fanfiction!

10.) If you really want to add on to the prophecy of the Three, then don't make it more than Four cats. I mean, really, too many cats in a prophecy is annoying.

11.) Again, if you want to add on to the prophecy of the Three, the Fourth cat can't have wings or ice powers or fire powers or any of that nonsense. They have to have something similar to Dovewing, Lionblaze and Jayfeather.

12.) Hollyleaf never had a mate or kits. If you're doing some type of Fallen Wings and Hollyleaf Fanfiction of their time in StarClan/Tribe of Endless Hunting together as the deceased, that's fine I guess.

13.) SPOILER!!! Ahem, Hollyleaf is (SADLY) dead.

14.) Keep in mind of the Warrior Code.

15.) Not all relationships have to be forbidden, so don't make every single ShadowClan and ThunderClan cat skidoodle or something like that. It gets annoying.

16.) Medicine cats don't always have to have a forbidden mate and birth forbidden litter of kits! Argh, most medicine cats have morals.

17.) ANOTHER SPOILER!!! Please . . . you must accept that Firestar and Hollyleaf died . . .

18.) Cats can be funny sometimes, right, Goosefeather? (I thought he was funny).

19.) Pace your book(s). Do not rush apprenticeship, your cat's time as a warrior, or even as a deputy or leader if they become one. Let things go at a steady and reasonable speed.

20.) Take your time.

21.) Cats in Warriors do not have human expressions (I guess they can smile, smirk and grin maybe sob and cry as well, but cats cannot shed tears [it'll soak in their fur] and they ESPECIALLY can't blush).

22.) Sometimes I see people write, "car, autumn or fall, winter, summer, spring, street, house, human," and all those other words. But it is noted for the Warriors series that warrior cats don't know these words. Instead, it's, "monster, leaf fall, leaf bare, greenleaf, newleaf, thunderpath, Twoleg nest, and Twoleg." All those words were in order

23.) Okay, I see this a LOT: "Thunder clan, Shadowclan, riverclan, wind clan." Make sure you spell the Clans correctly! It's, "ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan, ShadowClan."

24.) Same for #23, cats names are not like this: "Fire star, BlueStar, FlamePaw, mouse fur." They are like this: "Firestar, Bluestar, Flamepaw, Mousefur." That's how it was written the whole book. And I only read the American version, so I don't know if in other countries it's different. I guess if it is that can be an acception. But if not, DO IT THE PROPER WAY!

25.) Kits in Clans generally don't call their parents "Mama, Mother, Ma, Mom, Father, Papa," or any parent terms. They call both of their parents by their names. But I guess if they are loners, like Sasha and her kits, they can call their parents those names. Also cats in the Mountains call their parents "mother or father."

26.) I got this idea from @SilpelitMariko; So most stories I have read are mostly revolving on she-cat heroines. The only toms I can see are temporary POV's, brother/mate/leader/Clanmates/deputy/etc. Try making more stories with tom cats being main characters.

27.) CATS DO NOT CUSS. They do not know Twoleg words, including cuss words. Their cusses are: "Mouse-dung, Mouse-heart, Fox-heart," and things like that.

28.) Have fun and enjoy the time you spend writing on your book! The less you yourself is excited about it, the less your readers will be exited about it.