chapter 3

Angela looked down at me with sadness in er eyes. She looked close to tears but I knew she wouldn't cry. Vampires don't cry. I realized that her best friend has been dead for more than 24 hours and she didn't even know.

"I'm so sorry Renesmee." She said to me. I knew that she did feel sorry for me. I didn't need uncle jaspers gift to figure that out. Suddenly the memory of uncle jasper became too much for me to handle. I burst into tears. Angela held me closer and started trying to calm me down.

"Shhhhh, its ok, everything is going to be ok." she said to me. After about what felt like hours but was really only minutes I stopped crying and fell asleep in her arms. I felt safe here and I believed that she would do anything to protect me. Just like the rest of my family and all of the others that tried to help us.

Angela's P.O.V.

I felt so bad for the little girl that had just fell asleep in my arms. She has been through so much and she really is only about a year old. She watched everyone that she knows and loves die right before her own eyes. Now she is running from a group of vampires that are trying to kill her. I promised her I would do anything and everything to protect her. I will keep my promise, no matter what it takes. Suddenly, I heard a distant rustling coming from the right of me. It was slowly approaching. I could smell an animal approaching us. I stood up quickly, still holding Renesmee in my arms. I was ready for an attack if I needed to protect her. After about a few seconds the rustling stopped but I could still feel the presents of an animal. I stepped forward and instantly got attacked. I fell to the ground but I kept holding Renesmee, protecting her. The impacted had woken her up. I didn't even get a chance to see what type of animal it was until Renesmee was out of my arms and hugging a gigantic wolf. I recognized the wolf from one of her memories. This one was smaller than all of the others. I just didn't know who it was. I growled but I kept my distance. The wolf responded with another growl and stepped out of Renesmee's grasp. I wasn't going to attack because this wolf might be the only person that survived. He might be the only person that Renesmee will have of her passed.

"Stop!" she cried when she saw the wolf getting ready to pounce.

"She won't hurt us" the wolf did as she had said but he didn't look away from me.

"Go phase," renesmee ordered him. He hesitated before turning around and disappearing into the woods.

Neither me or Renesmee said anything till the boy came back. Again, I recognized him but I still don't know his name. Renesmee ran up to him and hugged him again.

"I thought you were dead!" she cried, hugging him tighter. He hugged her back like he would lose her if he didn't.

"Nessie," he said. I could see the tears forming in his eyes.

"Did you talk to any of the elders yet?" Renesmee said. "Did anyone elts survive?" she asked him

"I don't know... I was busy looking for you. I wanted to make sure you were ok... We should go see the elders. They could help us." He said. I shifted from foot to foot because it was a little awkward just standing here. I feel like this should have been a private reunion. I cleared my throught and they both looked up.

"Oh, um Seth, this is Angela. She was going to help me. Angela, this is Seth, a member of... Jacob's... pack." I thought the mention of Jacob would set her off but she didn't even shed a tear.

"Hi... thanks for protecting her when we couldn't. You don't have to anymore... I got this." He told me.

"No, I want to help. After all, Bella was my best friend." Seth sighed but nodded.

"Well come awn then." He said letting go of Renesmee and grabbing her hand. He started walking in the opposite direction he had come from. I fallowed close behind them. After a few minutes, he stopped walking and turned to me.