The Week After Lukeia

Leia's POV

Right now, I'm getting ready for the annual Lost and Found Christmas party. It's always the most fun time of the year. The green and red lights and streamers add to the party, along with the huge Christmas tree in the rose room, where everyone will be performing tonight.

Unlike how you would expect Lost and Found to function during Christmas, Mr. T doesn't allow people to write their own Christmas songs. He always talks about how we should "appreciate the songs former musician geniuses have put forth before us" or something. If that rule weren't in place, I would totally write so many songs.

But I don't really care about that right now. All I care about is that this is my first Christmas with a boyfriend. And that boyfriend gets to be Luke. Eek! 

Literally nothing could go wrong this Christmas.

I just jinxed it didn't I?

Ignoring that thought, I continue to hang up more streamers and put up my own personalized Christmas ornaments on the tree, including the sphere beholding a beautiful picture of me and my Lukey smiling on our first date.  We're so cute!

I hang it up quickly and skip over to Rachel, who's been done decorating her side of the room for some time and has been watching me smile at an ornament. How embarrassing. 

"Ok I'm ready to go," I tell her. She sighs.

"Finally. If I had to watch you internally squeal one more time, I would've just left you here to go get ready," she rolls her eyes. 

"Hey! Be happy for me," I joke. I look around the room to see a tired Maggie pinning up some pictures on the other side of the room. "Hey, shouldn't we invite Maggie to come get ready with us? She seems kind of sad and... lonely."

"Sure, go ask her to come," she says while nudging me.

"Me? Her and I are not exactly on good terms right now. Shouldn't it be you?" I ask, considering Maggie's been a bit bitter since Luke and I got together. I don't understand why she doesn't get together with Theo. It's so obvious he likes her.

"No, no. I'm sure she's forgotten all about the whole situation. Just go ask."

I walk over slowly and tap her on the shoulder, causing her to jolt up a bit. She looks at with an annoyed look on her face.

Oh no.

"Hey Maggie. Rachel and I were just about to go shop for our dresses. Do you wanna come with? Or if you're still decorating we can wait around a bit," I suggest nervously.

She glares at me and that's when I've realized I've made a mistake,"No thanks. Wouldn't wanna be a burden. And I already got my dress like weeks ago. Guess I'm more prepared," she looks me up and down.

"Umm...ok we'll be heading out then." I look back at Rachel and smile really big,"Let's go shopping!"

We hop into the car and start driving to the mall, all the while I explain that horror of a conversation to Rachel. 

"And she really just said that? That she was more prepared than you? Does that even count as an insult, because if so, that one doesn't really sting as deep as she thinks it will," Rachel rants. 

"I don't know. Maybe she was telling me to be prepared or something. Like maybe she's planning on stealing Luke."

"Yeah right. Maggie's not that mean."

"You never know."

We get out of the car and enter...

The most beautiful place I've ever seen.