2.2- All Upon The Watchtower

An early publish for you guys! You're welcome ;)
Note: there's still time to guess which story this episode was based off! Who can tell me what it is?
Answer to be revealed at the end of this part!!
Also, if i were to cast Hamish Freedly, i'd have David Tennant :D

Episode 2- Part 2
('A Murder Most Foul')

Sherlock emerged from Hamish's room twenty minutes after, pleased. He recounted what he had learned from Hamish to Watson as they were led to the place where Mr Freedly had died.

Apparently, the ghost of his father had appeared to Hamish one night out on the old Watchtower, and told him that Hamish's uncle Gerald had poisoned him as he slept out in the garden. The young Hamish described it all in a very distraught manner. He then told Sherlock that even if his father's ghost had not been real, he had discovered a note in one of the maid's cupboards, explaining to pour the poison in his ear, and that the maid in question would be rewarded handsomely. The note also mentioned that it was a vial of poison to be used.

Hamish said it was definitely Gerald's handwriting. Sherlock had been able to inspect the note, and there did not seem to be anything abnormal about the paper or pen. Both were common types of stationary, and nothing special. He made a note in his head to check out if Gerald had the pen and paper used in the note, and whether the handwriting did, indeed match. The poison vial, however, Hamish did not have.

He also mentioned that he had killed their family friend accidentally, whilst attempting to avenge his father's death. The poisoned food had been meant for Gerald.

Sherlock, of course, did not mention this to John in front of Claudia, because he had seen her become emotionally distraught over nothing before, and simply did not understand why, or how to deal with her.

The group finally came upon the garden where the master of the house had died. It was a small, square area, bordered on three sides by tall, white brickwork, and on the farthest side by a light green bush with yellow flowers growing on it. The garden appeared very well kept, and well loved, with bright, healthy blades of grass upon the ground, and each little flower petal sitting proudly and brightly in its rightful place. Eleanor was trying to get Sherlock to let her down, by straightening her legs, and pushing his arms away from her. He did not let go. Claudia spoke up,

"My husband just loved napping here in the sunshine during the afternoons, and that was where we found him. The doctors said he'd been poisoned by a snake, the poor dear. I s'pose it came through the bush." She gestured sadly over the scenic little garden to the line of sprawling foliage adorned with thin, light green leaves, and gorgeous bright yellow flowers. They appeared well cared for, and their branches seemed to be trimmed and shaped regularly, from what Sherlock could tell. He recognised the bushes immediately.

Most of the rest of the garden was bordered in by white painted brick walls that came to stop at just over Watson's head height. The side with the bushes, however, was much less impenetrable. There could be seen the posts of a simple, white painted, wooden fence through the branches and leaves of the bush.

"And this is the only place a snake could get in?" Sherlock said, glancing around.

"Yes... well, the rest is all walled in, ye see?" The woman replied.

Sherlock let Eleanor down onto the well mown grass for the moment, where she began to run around exploring, and he had a good look about the perimeters, and then came to stand where he had stood before, in front of the pretty, flowered foliage.