BONUS- Spit the Dummy

Bonus Chapter- Thank you for 300 reads!
('Spit the Dummy')

It was ten to eight at night, and Sherlock and Eleanor were alone in the flat.

It was bedtime.

"C'mon." Sherlock said, and plucked the freshly bathed, pajama clad three year old from her place on the floor, where a number of her toys were scattered haphazardly about.

"Nooo!" Eleanor whined, squirming.

"It's eight, Eleanor. It's bedtime." He said firmly, and looked down into her matching green-blue irises. The toddler frowned deeply, her eyebrows furrowing, the corners of her mouth turned down. Sherlock began to smile, and then one hand moved towards her side, and he gently tickled her ribs. Eleanor squealed with laughter, and wiggled to try and get away from him.

"N-no- stop!" She struggled to say through her giggles.

"Stop what?" Sherlock laughed along, his mouth falling open as he truly, fully laughed, openly.

"Tick- t-tickling- me!" She giggled that adorable toddler giggle of hers, and Sherlock felt his heart swell proudly. He stopped, still chuckling, and Eleanor leaned into his chest to hug him, smiling and trying to catch her breath from laughing so hard. He cradled the small child against himself, and began to bounce on the spot. He smiled, and began to sing quietly,

"If you go out in the woods today-"

Eleanor lifted her head to stare at him, and she could tell just by looking at her that she was tired.

"You're in for a big sur-prise." Sherlock smiled, "if you go out in the woods today-- you better go in disguise!"

Eleanor blinked, slowly starting to shut her eyes.

"For every bear that ever there was, will gather there for certain."

Eleanor, eyes shut, began to drift off on his shoulder and, still rocking, Sherlock quietly whispered,

"Today's the day the teddy bears have their pic-nic."

The small girl's blue-green eyes fluttered open, and peered at him from behind her long, dark lashes. She sighed comfortably.

"Paci?" She mumbled, asking for her pacifier.

"No. Sleep, El." Sherlock quietly replied. He rocked gently, still, but the girl defiantly lifted her head.

"Please?" Eleanor asked. She had gotten good at that pronouncing word. Sherlock shook his head, and gently guided her own small head to rest back on his shoulder. "Sher-lock!" She whined, starting to get cranky. He frowned at the toddler,

"You know I don't like them." He said reasonably, and met her fiery gaze. She sure did have a lot of attitude for such a small person.

"It helps- sleep!" She told him, upset. She clumsily folded her arms, pouted, and even turned her head to face away from Sherlock.

"You were almost asleep, El. We don't need that thing." He grimaced, and with a defeated sigh, sat in his armchair. The girl immediately started to scoot off his lap.

"Please, Eleanor. It's time for bed." He said tiredly, and pulled her back up to his chest, but the little girl was having none of it; she pushed him away, and slid down to the floor. Eleanor looked about, surveying the room.

"Where- you put it? I find it!" She said decidedly, and began to stomp around, lifting things to peer beneath them, and moving stuff aside.
The truth was, Sherlock had thrown it out earlier. It was currently in the skip in the alleyway beside their flat block,

"You won't find it." Sherlock pinched the bridge of his nose, starting to feel a headache coming on.

"Where is it?!" She cried out angrily, pulling up the rug and finding nothing. "I- mad, Sher-lock- Holmes!" She told him. He almost laughed at her choice of words.

"The pacifier is gone, and it's time for sleep. Come, please." He addressed the girl firmly. She didn't come over, instead she sat down hard on her bum, folded her arms, and started to cry loudly.

"Eleanor? Please don't cry." He said softly. He didn't realise it would come to this if he took her dummy. He obviously knew she would be upset, but she was taking it way more seriously than he thought she would.
He crossed the room, and touched her shoulder, but she just glared at him and pulled away.

"Go-way!" She yelled,

"Please sweetheart, i'm sorry. I'll buy you another." He said, causing her to glance up.

"When?" She questioned with a sniffle,

"First thing in the morning." He told her, a small smile creeping onto his features.

"Want- now!" A fat teardrop rolled down her chubby cheek to land on the carpet.

"I know, but I can't get one. It's too late now, no shops sell them this late." He said,

"Oh." She appeared crestfallen, but when he scooped her into a big hug, there was no resistance this time.

"Are you okay for tonight without it?" He asked her. Eleanor rubbed her eye with her fist,

"Can- sleep with- you?" She yawned. Sherlock sent her a warm smile,

"Sure you can."

He picked her up, and carried her carefully to his room, then lay down in the bed with her beside him. Eleanor tucked herself in against his side, and snuggled up, her little, angel face pressed into his shoulder. Sherlock smiled at the ceiling, and slowly, he drifted off to sleep peacefully alongside her.

Authors note

Just some Sherlock/Eleanor fluffiness for you, as requested. ;)

Oh my goodness, guys! So we got to 300 reads! I'm so excited. Thank you all so much for making this possible!
It's knowing that you guys are enjoying it that keeps me going, you know.
This is my little celebratory/thankyou bonus chapter for the 300 reads!!
Yay, yay!

The regular sized chapter is up, too. A new case! Keep scrolling, people! :D
As always,

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for even more awesomeness!!