3.2- Angel In The Steeple

Episode 3- part 2
('The cop and the crazy')

Eleanor's eyes flew open. She turned her small head to take in the unfamiliar surroundings.

The room was dimly lit, drafty and large. The sound of her breathing echoed in the vast space. She couldn't see much in the darkness from where she lay, and could hear nothing more than the noises she was making herself, along with the consistent 'drip, drip' of a tap distantly, somewhere across the room. Slowly, she sat up from the cold, concrete floor. Her head hurt immensely, but she kept her usual sooking to herself. It didn't seem right in this place.

The last thing she remembered, she had fallen down on the grass after trying to get away from that police officer woman. As this memory returned to her, she began to feel even more uneasy about where she was.

"Sherlock?" Her small voice echoed out tentatively. She managed to get to her feet.

"No." An amused male voice answered her nearby. She stumbled backwards and fell onto her bum in surprise at the strange voice. Now, she began to cry.

She had had enough; she was scared, vulnerable, and she wanted Sherlock, and now her butt hurt.

"Goway!" She cried loudly, and curled her small legs up to her chest, putting her arms around her knees. The man laughed cruelly.

"Brave girl. Nobody tells me to go away so boldly." He let her know, and she caught the lilt of an accent in his tones. This sparked her interest, because she knew she had heard the accent before, but she couldn't remember where.

The next thing she heard were footsteps, advancing in her direction.

She meant to get up and scramble away, but she was so tired, and so afraid. She sat there, frozen, still sniffling but no longer crying. "I suppose i can expect nothing less of Sherlock's little girl. He always was so- bold" the man said the final sentence in such a way that Eleanor could imagine him spitting the words out, like something that didn't taste good. He stepped into the light, and she finally saw a glimpse of his face.

Eleanor's surprised gasp made him chuckle.

"Oh, he is so clever isn't he?" Said Moriarty.

The girl recognised him, because Sherlock and Watson had told her all about the dangerous man, and shown her photos and video clips. That's why she recognised his voice.

He was supposed to be dead. Eleanor again began to cry. "Of course, you recognise me, don't you?" He asked rhetorically, and showed off his white teeth in a grin. "I bet i'm famous at your house."
Eleanor shook her head, and took a deep breath.

"Leave me alone- strange man!" She yelled, and then got up and ran away from him as fast as she could. It did not take long for him to catch her, and he picked her up.

"Let's see just how clever Sherlock really is, shall we?" He laughed, and stalked casually away, Eleanor thrashing and kicking in his arms.

...

Sherlock had heard her scream, and he rushed into the trees after her. The cop who had scared her was nowhere to be found.

The detective ran back and forth, and around and around Finsbury Park, calling out her name frantically, but she was gone.

He had known that as soon as the police officer went missing, of course, but his stupid head kept on denying it. Sherlock was shaking, panicking. It was his worst nightmare.