Chapter 3

I do not own teen wolf, only Rose McCall!!

"So class, if any of you actually did the reading last night, you'd be able to tell me the difference between GNP and GDP." Coach frowned as he thought about all the kids who most likely didn't do their homework. This is probably the worst class I've ever taken. Like, Who the hell cares? Supply and demand, that's all you need to know.

"Anybody? W-what about-" Coach's eyes were scanning the room. When they came in contact with Stiles, his shoulders dropped.

"Stilinski! You paying attention back there?" His shoulders were hunched over his desk and he seemed to be furiously writing something but I couldn't tell from my spot behind him.

When I saw Coach reach for his whistle I groaned, preparing myself for the highpitch noise. When he let it rip, Stiles' head snapped up.

"Stilinski!" He yelled.

"Uh-huh?" Stiles sounded shakey and disoriented.

"I asked you a question." Coach stated, folding his arms over his chest and leaning back against his desk.

"S-sorry, Coach. What was it?" Stiles stuttered.

"It was, "Stilinski, are you paying attention back there?"

"Oh, well, I am now?" His answer came out more as a question than a statement.

"Stilinski, stop reminding me why I drink." Coach muttered before turning away.

"I'm okay," Stiles turned towards Scott who was giving him a worried look. "I just fell asleep for a sec." I furrowed my brows at his response. Was he so lost in his own world that he thought he was asleep?

"Dude, you weren't asleep." Scott nodded his head towards Stiles' desk. I tried to peak over his shoulder to see what he wrote but I couldn't get quite the right angle.

Stiles immediately slammed the notebook shut before finally turning around to look at me. I gave him a confused look but he just waved me off, turning back to pay attention to Coach for the rest of the period.

|○|

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" I turned my head to look at Scott who was asking the question. It was lunchtime now and I was sat beside Stiles, clinging to the edge of the bench because I barely had enough room.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles piped up beside me. I sighed, dropping my hand down to cover his wrist, rubbing small circles with my thumb. It was a small gesture that no one else noticed but I could tell he appreciated it as he relaxed ever so slightly.

"They're all locked up because they're insane." I tuned back in to Isaac being an ass, nothing new.

"Funny." I deadpanned, leaning my head on my unoccupied hand.

"Can you at least try to be helpful, please?" Stiles added.

"For half my childhood I was locked in a freezer so being helpful is kind of a new thing for me."

"Dude, are you still milking that?" Normally I would've scolded Stiles on his insensitivity but Isaac deserves it at this point.

"Yeah, maybe I am still milking that-" Isaac got interrupted by a small voice emitting a "hi". I looked over and recognized her as Kira, the new girl from history.

"Sorry, I couldn't help overhearing what you were talking about. And I think I actually might know what you're talking about." When no one talked she continued.

"There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called Bardo. It literally means in-between state. The state between life and death."

"And what do they call you?" I cringed at Lydia's tone. She's grown a lot as a person since our sophomore year but she still has a knack for making people uncomfortable.

"Kira." Scott piped. I smiled, remembering the look he have her this morning. I sense a crush developing.

"So are you talking Bardo as in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" Lydia asked after giving Scott a weird look.

"Either I guess," She went to sit down next to Scott and I inwardly groaned. Stiles shifted even closer to me and almost knocked me off the bench.

"But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progreasire states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And, you can be visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."

"Wrathful deities? And what are those?" Isaac interrupted.

"Like demons." Kira smiled, not seeing the weight of the situation.

"Oh great." I snorted, masking how fearful that actually made me. How do you even fight demons?

"Hold on, if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?" Allison spoke up for the first time.

"Death. You die." Kira shrugged. Whether what she was saying was true or not, her answer still made me sick.

I just came back from the dead and there's no way I'm letting my friends slip into its cold and icy grip.

|○|

"Are you ready to go to bed?" I asked Stiles from his bed. He was pacing his room, something he did often when he was stressed. He was vague when he picked me up from my house but I didn't push him because I could tell how worried he was.

"Huh? Oh, y-yeah." I snapped him out of his haze. He turned off the light before climbing in bed beside me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me against him, something he did every night.

"I love you." I whispered, turning in his grip to face him.

"I love you too, Rose." I laid my head on his chest, feeling safe and finally drifting off to sleep before Stiles has a nightmare, something else I could count on him doing every night.

|○|
I added some fluff at the end but this chapter still sucked lol