12.

Thea's POV

"Come on Thea! I actually wanna see a race." Shouts Jax.

"Jeez I'm coming. Don't get your panties in a twist." I say grabbing my phone.

Jaxon and I plan on going to Westoak for a race. Well technically I'm going there to race and Jax is going to see if he can get in with one of the gangs.

Which reminds me, I still haven't told Jax about Carter. At all. He doesn't know my ex best friend is the leader of The Scorpions gang.

Let's just hope Carter and his gang aren't at Westoak. Because if they are Jax will find out and probably decide to join Carter's gang. Heck Carter would offer him a position in his gang! Plus I'm still avoiding him. After what happened last time we were 'together'.

I pretended to be sick to avoid going to school. My mom saw right through it though, but still convinced my dad to let me stay. But then again would I have actually listened to my dad? Nope...

Also I could have bunked school as a whole too.

•••

I kill my motorbikes engine as we enter Westoak and Jax kills his car engine next to me. We didn't want to drive together in the same car since I would need the car for a race, and if something were to have happened at home Jax wouldn't be able to get home.

We only care about my mom and Theo, dads just extra weight. All he does is lecture us. Maybe he should have been a lecturer! I mean he does it so damn often he could make a career out of it.

I get off my bike and look around, everyone here is standing in groups all separated from each other. Those must be the gangs in this area. Maybe even a few from elsewhere checking out to see if there's any competition. Or even to try and find a particular gangs weakness. You'd be surprised how much one can learn just by being at one race.

"Look Thea! There's Carter. Wonder what his doing here..." Jax says with a confused expression.

"Fuck." I mutter, soft enough for Jax not to hear.

No. now I'm in actual fucking shit. The jerk will probably find another way to 'claim' me again. Better yet he'll 'try' and convince me not to race. Can't I go another 10 years without seeing his face?!

I stand still while Jax walks over to them and greets Carter. They do the bro hug thingy and Carter introduces Jax to the rest of his gang. The four ass hats from school including playboy Aiden.

While they talk I notice Carter looking for someone before he moves his gaze to me I turn my body in the opposite direction. Completely avoiding his gaze.

I pretend to check my nails which are painted a matte maroon whiles leaning against my bike.

"I would recognize that body anywhere." A familiar voice whispers huskily in my ear.

I slowly turn around and I'm met with blue eyes belonging to Carter. Great the fucking person I want to avoid is talking to me.

"What do you what Carter?" I sigh out.

"I think I've made that pretty clear, I want you Thumbelina." He says crossing his arms.

"I'm not in the mood for games Adams." I seethe.

"I don't play, I win." He says winking. His playful demeanor immediately changes