Prologue

I stared out the hotel window, looking down into the streets of Tawa. The children played with real smiles, the adults chatted like real friends and worked with coviction and duty, and the grass sprung from the cracks of the stone boardwalk with hope and excitement. I looked up at that sky. That beautiful, glistening sky. Home used to be like this once, all calm and oblivious. I wonder if the same fate will strike these people.

    "Hey, Akiyama," Logan called. I turned to look at them, turning my back on the light that poured through the window. "Hamada says we gotta get goin'. She wants us to reach Red Wolf by sundown." I nodded and looked back out the window, watching the people go about their lives one last time. I wondered when Tawa would get a name like Red Wolf, or when we'd be coming here to fight. I sighed and followed Logan out of the bar, walking down the intricate flights of stairs. I touched my sword, just to make sure it was there. I knew I'd need it, so it would be best not to forget it.

I'm not about to get slaughtered, too.

----

❤️A note from the mind of Horror❤️- Doy. This was short. :/ I guess this is what you'd call a prologue, although it doesn't quite seem like it...
I don't know, this is basically just to give you a taste. Hope you enjoyed! If you liked it and/or want me to continue, vote or leave a comment! It helps me to hear your feedback! 😉❤️