Chapter 4- Amelia

❤️A note from the mind of Horror❤️- Hey, y'all, I just wanted to thank you for reading and sticking with the story, and for kind words and votes. It means a lot to me, so thank you bunches. 😊
Also, if you're worried that this story is becoming a romance, with Magdalena and Brady, don't you worry. It's not. For those of you who want some romance in this story, this isn't a romance, so I won't centralize a story around that. But, that doesn't mean I won't throw you some bones. 😉
Anyway, on with the story!

----

The hours until dinner time rolled by pretty fast. There was really nothing for me to do, not until I got the nerve to ask someone for a job. They'd probably tell me to ask Hamada, though...

    And I thought she was a weak little girl, I thought, mentally scolding myself. I sat on my bed- well, it was still just a mattress, as I hadn't had time to put the blankets and pillows on- and thought of everything that Magdalena had told me. I didn't want to believe it. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense.

That Hamada has a virus.

The words were hard to think. I didn't want to believe that one of them might be right in our midst, walking around with us as our "ally". But at the same time, Hamada seems to be keeping it uder control...

    'Viruses kill people, Brady. They've slaughtered thousands, maybe even millions.'

    Could Hamada turn into something like that?

    "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" I was suddenly awakened from my thoughts by a loud shriek. My heart beat faster. Whoever was screaming sounded like they were in immense pain.

    I got up and ran through the halls, following the sounds of the screams. They lead me to the canteen, and I leaned over to catch my breath, the screams still shattering my ear drums. I looked around and saw Magdalena in the corner of the room, watching with angry and hurt eyes. I ways in front of her was Logan, who covered their mouth as tears slid down her face. And then there was Sam.

    "Clari! Come on, stop this, stop messing around!" she screamed through tears. She hugged Hamada as if that would prevent whatever was happening.

    "Get back, Sammy!" Hamada screamed in a distorted voice.

    "FIGHT IT! THAT'S WHAT YOU KEPT TELLING ME TO DO- GET UP AND FIGHT!" Sam screamed.

    "I CAN'T!"

    Hamada's screams echoed throughout the base again, her screams becoming more distorted. She slumped to the ground, holding her head in her hands as tears slid past her fingers.

    "YOU ARE HUMAN!" Sam screamed. "I DON'T CARE WHAT THAT THING INSIDE SAYS ABOUT YOU! YOU ARE HUMAN!"

    And then the screaming stopped.

    The sobs stopped.

    Silence overtook the room.

    "Clari?" Sam asked quietly.

    There wasn't a response for a while.

    I watched Hamada closely. She was brething, and she was moving slightly. I could see her blink. But she still didn't talk.

    "Clari?" Sam asked again. "Are you okay?" One of Hamada's hands reached up to her face and wiped away her tears.

    "My name isn't Clarissa, Samantha."

    B-bump.

    Sam immediately let go of her and stepped back. Way back.

    B-bump. B-bump.

    The virus stood up in front of us, its eyes closed as it finished wiping away Hamada's tears.

    B-bump. B-bump. B-bump.

    And then it opened its eyes.

    They weren't Hamada's bright green eyes anymore.

    They were black. Black as all Hell. The only color in them came from the inhuman line of purple through the center of her eyes.

    It snapped its head to me.

    "Oh, a newcomer, I see."

    B-bumpB-bumpB-bumpB-bump.

    "What's your name?"

    "Get out of her body!" Sam hissed at it. It turned its attention back to her.

    "This is as much my body as it is hers," it replied. "I've said that before. Did you forget?"

    "That body is only yours because you stole it," Magdalena spoke suddenly. "We'd like it if you gave it back."

    "I need to be here for Clarissa. I have to be," it replied.

    "What good would a virus ever do Clarissa?" Magdalena asked, stepping forward.

    "If you even are a virus," I mumbled, but apparently loud enough for it to hear.

    "I assure you, I am a virus," it replied, staring at me with its soulless eyes.

    "So... Hamada is a demon?" I asked carefully, ignoring the others in the room. It grinned. Its grin was creepier than its eyes.

    "I never said that. Hamada is a human, one just like you."

    "Then you can't be a virus," I responded, my hopes and doubts taking over again. Or maybe it was just commen sense taking over. "Viruses only possess demons."

    It grinned even wider.

    "As far as you know," it replied.

    "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked nervously.

    "I'm suggesting that there's a virus that you haven't discovered yet."

    A virus we haven't discovered yet?

    "But you're not killing us, or even trying to attack!" I pointed out, grabbing on to any piece of evidence I could find. "If you're virus, then you should be attacking us right now. So why aren't you?"

    "Because I don't feel like it."

    ...

    "But don't misinterpret, I could kill all of you whenevr I wanted. Or whenever you make me angry enough."

    B-bump.

    "Well, it looks like I should go now. Clarissa can't live without her dinner, after all," it said with a grin. "It was nice meeting you, newbie.

    Let's see how long you last."

    It closed its eyes and collapsed on the floor. When the eyes opened again they were green. Sam ran over to Hamada, hugging her and promising to protect her. Logan walked over to me.

    "What was that?" I whispered. I didn't know what else to say.

    "That was Amelia. The virus that lives in Clarissa."