( 03. ━ WE ARE MADE OF STARS AND STORIES. )

rose

rose.
a short story.
the difficulty of distance.
part three  ━  we are made of stars and stories.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

❛  it gets harder and harder to breathe.
harder to wake up in the morning.
harder to pen the letters.
harder to pray to gods she does not believe in.
still, she smiles.  ❜

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

ANYWHERE.
EVERYWHERE.

     THEIR LOVE AFFAIR BLOOMS IN THE FORM OF LETTERS.

     Rose returns to her family's keep and stays there. She remains with her pious mother. She spends her days embroidering lions into cloth with other women, and listens to them crow on about how, with her beauty, she will someday catch a husband far above her station in life and bear him many children. She sits silently through these sessions and does not say a word. They think she is busy getting the golden lions just right.

     She does not say that the septa told her she may never bear any children at all.

     Rose doesn't pray anymore.

     Cersei returns to King's Landing, the capital city, and to her father's scheming. She is growing into a beautiful girl, and courtiers begin to call her the Light of the West, but her father turns away every offer for her hand in marriage. Lord Tywin has his sights set on a royal match for his only daughter, and he will have nothing less.

     Cersei dreams of Rose and Jaime, both so far away. So out of reach.

     Jaime goes to Crakehall, where he squires for Lord Sumner. He wins his first tourney melee shortly after arriving there, at only thirteen, and it is the beginning of his reputation. It is the beginning of something even bigger than he dreams it will be  ━  but he hates that they are all so far apart. He writes to Rose, informing her of his first true victory, and he waits awhile for a response.