Part 4

It all happened so fast, there were no warnings... or maybe there were and she just hadn't noticed. Either way, it felt wrong, the feeling churning away inside her, burning her out... it was just over, gone and by fucking god did it hurt.

She had no idea how it would turn out, those few days. So I suppose I should start with the before part, before it felt like a part of her world had crumbled to ash.

In the small, single Starbucks, town of Riverdale, everyone was scurrying around, planning street parties and barbecues and believe it or not Lucky was pretty excited too, not because of the summer get-togethers.

She'd been up since before dawn, all but glued to the window box of her room and when she saw that little red beetle roll up outside her house she almost jumped out the window.

Outside a blonde girl wearing a white summer dress and jeweled sandals smiled brightly at the matching houses the car window "It's so quaint..."

"Yeah, reminds me of Nightmare on Elm Street!" Sam shrugged as she turned off the engine, Kimmy gave her a small slap on the arm "oh you!"

"BITCHES!" Lucky sprinted out of the house and the moment they saw her both girls scrambled out of the car; the three of them meeting in some sort of jumping hug thing, and talking over each other yet somehow hearing every word.

It was a strange girl magic. That's what Wayne assumes as he watches the trio from the living room window, sipping at his morning coffee "well someone looks pretty happy."

A smile tugged at the blonde man's face as he nodded in agreement "she does, doesn't she?"

Poking him lightly in the chest with her perfectly chiseled pink nail Sarah said: "I meant you silly, you did good honey."

Wayne smiled and pulled his wife under his arm, kissing the top of her head "that's because I have you."

The girls came tumbling through the door with their bags and giggling "Hey, Mr., March, Mrs. March."

"Hey, girls, Sam I love the new hair!" the mocha skinned girl flipped at her baby blue locks, almost shoulder length now "yeah well I felt like a change."

"It suits you well Samantha." Wayne smiled.

"Looks fucking hot! I told you years ago to grow it out, cute right?"

"I know, so cute! Now come on let's dump these bags and our girl can give us the tour!" Kimmy pretty much jumped up the stairs, her fingers latched on to Lucky's as she dragged her along behind her. Sam rolling her eyes with a light smile as she followed after her two best friends.

It was a while later that the three of them were trolling around town, shopping bags in hand. Well, they were until Lucky had demanded they stop for food. Lucky was stuffing her face with fries as Sam scoffed, eyeing the bright lights of Pop's "why do I feel that I'm not going to be able to get sushi around here?"

"Sam, don't be such a snob; so Lucky you said something about a drive in? Sounds so Grease, OMG will they show Grease?"

The other two girls shared a look with a shake of their heads, Lucky had missed this, them. Kimmy's sweet giddiness and Sam's naturally annoyed nature. Having them there made her feel almost normal... but let's not get a head of ourselves.

They tumbled back through the March's little blue door just before dark, to find Adam making some sort of protein man-shake in the kitchen. Sam licked her chocolaty lips at the sight of him in his tank and sports shorts "my, oh my, Adam still extremely hot I see."

Lucky made a gagging noise at the sight; Kimmy happily ignoring the awkward situation to fiddle on her cell. Adam gave the girl eyeing him an awkward smile and rubbed the back of his head "um, thanks? So you guys are going the drive-In later?"