1

"Hey, so I was thinking...." I trailed off as Luke walked across the bar.

"You were thinking what?" Luke asked glancing at me with confusion.

"I was thinking since I've worked here for over a year I should find somewhere else to live." I exclaimed nervously.

"Are you sure about this, Charlie?" Luke asked. "You are always welcome to stay here." Luke exclaimed.

"I know, but I need some change in my life you know I cant stay here forever." I said drawing out a sigh.

"Yes I do know, but I worry about you more than I like to admit." Luke said truthfully. "I just want to keep you safe, but its your choice to do what you want with your life." Luke said with a sigh.

"Thanks for being so understanding, Luke!" I said in excitement. "I promise I will be on time to work everyday." I said as I walked up to him and gave him a hug.

"You're welcome!" Luke said while smiling. "But can you stay here until you actually get a place." Luke said with a chuckle.

"Already ahead of you on that." I said while grinning.

Afterwards, I went behind the counter with Luke to start cleaning up before any customers came in. After I got done cleaning up customers started pilling in the bar (mostly woman because tonight was ladies night or more like "who is Luke going to do the nasty with, night?") all of a sudden it went from peaceful to hectic in a matter of seconds. It had began to get dark outside, getting distracted, I started gaze out the window I noticed a girl who has been here before, but has never came inside. I'm sure she had her reasons why she never came inside, but then Luke went outside and convinced her to come inside so I guess I will find out her reasons.

Seconds later, I was know out of my daze by an annoying drunk girl trying to get my attention.

"Heyyy you" She slurred. "I've been trying to get your attention for like forever."

"Well, you have it now!" I said in a slightly higher pitched voice. "What can I get for ya?"

"Um, I would like two strawberry-lime margaritas!" She exclaimed in a preppy voice that made me want to scream.

"Sure, coming right up!" I said with an abnoxious smile on my face.

I then turned around to start making the drinks. When I was finished I turned back around to give the girl her drinks, but she wasn't there. Instead the girl I saw outside earlier was in her place.

"Did you happen to see a annoying drunk blonde around here anywhere?" I asked my patience thinning.

"Well, considering this place was filled with annoying drunk blondes I wouldn't be to sure of who exactly are looking for." The black haired girl said.

"Then I guess it's good that you're not a annoying drunk blonde." I sarcastically said. "So would you like one of these drinks?" I said while taking a sip out of one and quickly spitting it out.

The bar was empty by now...

"No, thanks I'm more of a hard liquor kinda girl." She admitted.

"So, let me guess bourbon it is?" I questioned. "Just when I turn around please don't disappear like that other girl did."

She just nodded in response.

I grabbed the bottle of bourbon from behind then poured some in a glass to give to the girl she smiled in response and I smiled back.

Before I could put the bottle back she grabbed my arm.

"Do me a favor and make it a double." She exclaimed.

"Um... okay, bad night?" I asked slightly worried for her well being.

"You don't know the half of it." She said with a drawn out sigh.

"Enlighten me." I said while starting to clean the counter off.

Before she could say anything Luke walking, and said "that's a lot of booze for such a small women."

"Sexist much, Luke just because she is a girl doesn't mean she can't hold her whiskey." I said while starting to pour a glass for me and Luke.

"What?" Luke put his hand up in surrender. "Whats with the extra drinks?" Luke asked in confusion.

"Oh come on Luke it's been a long day, and tomorrow I have to go look for an apartment; think of this as my going away party." I said while taking a swig of the bourbon.

"Okay whatever." Luke said giving in and taking a swig of his drink as well.

"I feel stupid for not asking you this earlier, but what is your name?" I said while pointing at the girl sitting in front of me.

"Jessica, Jessica Jones." She exclaimed while holding holding her hand out awkwardly.

"Well It's nice to meet you... Jessica, my name is Charlie Hart." I said while shaking her hand.

I drank what was left in my glass, and snuck an extra bottle of bourbon behind my back out of Luke's view. I noticed that Jessica saw me do it, but she didn't say anything. As a matter of fact she distracted Luke by starting a conversation with him. I took that as my que to leave... When I was halfway up the stairs Luke called after me...

"See you tomorrow, Charlie!" Luke said with a smile planted on his face. "Goodnight."

"Yea, I'll see you and goodnight." I said almost tripping up the stairs. "Bye, Jessica!"

"Bye, Charlie!" She said back with a chuckle.

When I got upstairs to my room I drank until I passed out in my bed.

Author's note 💙

Hey guys!

I hope that you like this book! I got the plot for it from spookycaspian and hopefully people take a liking to this book. Also, Caspian or cas has a book called "plot shop" (I think correct me if I'm wrong) where you can get plots for any fanfiction you wanna write.

I felt compelled to shout tis person out because the plot of this book is gr8, so thank you! 💖

Vote, comment, or share!

And little "pale" girl is ouuuuut. Byeeeee.
(Pls, someone get this reference!)