2

I woke up the next morning with a killer headache, but by now I was used to it. When I got up from my bed I noticed that there was still a sips worth of bourbon left in the bottle from last night. So being me I picked it up, shrugged my shoulders, and drank the remaining amount of bourbon from the bottle.

After I threw the bottle away I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and found something to wear. Which was the same style that I wear all the time. Flannels,graphic tees, ripped jeans, and combat boots. I then grabbed my phone, slipped on my messenger bag, and went downstairs.

When I got downstairs I was greeted by Luke telling me to have good time on my day off. I told him that I would and goodbye. When I made it outside I discretely put my sunglasses on, and began walking down the sidewalk.

Living in New York was a real bitch, but I loved it. I just preferred to know where I was going at all times, but unfortunately I have gotten lost here more times than I could count. I hailed a taxi and told the man to take me to downtown New York. While waiting the man decided to make awkward small talk. Although, what was going through my mind at the time was this man was dressed way to properly to be driving a taxi? Also, I have rode in a taxi several times since I've lived here, and I've never had a British man as my driver. Which no offense but it struck me as weird...

I came back to reality when he asked a question.

"I'm so sorry, but could you repeat the question?" I asked already wanting this ride to end.

"Oh, yes how long have you lived in the big apple?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Well, I've lived here since I was 18 and now I'm 20..." I thought for a second. "So, I've lived here for 2 years." I said.

"Ah, that's nice." He said. "I myself have only been here for a few days, and can I say I am enjoying it."

"That's good that you're enjoying it!" I said with a hint of sarcasm.

When the taxi finally arrived at my destination I reached in my bag, and grabbed the amount of money I need to pay him when I went to hand him the money he roughly grabbed my arm and wouldn't let go.

"What the hell, dude let go!" I screamed out in fear.

"I'd rather not, you see I love getting what I want, and want you to stay right where you are sitting." He said in a aggressive voice that I didn't hear earlier.

"What the fuck is wrong with you dude, LET ME GO!" I shouted.

I finally snatched my arm out of his hand and bolted out of the taxi far away until I couldnt see the yellow car anymore. Isn't there a saying that goes "out of sight, out of mind?" I really hope it was true...

I finally was able to catch my breath when I sat down at a table outside of a coffee shop. I put my head down on the table for a few minutes trying to peace together what the hell just happened. It was like he actually thought whatever he says goes. After, I got my shit together I decided since I was at a coffee shop I should get some coffee. While in the shop, I ordered then left.

While walking down the busy sidewalks of New York I bumped into a rather familiar face that was frantic to say the least. It was none other than Jessica Jones...

"Hey, Calm down Jessica what happened?" I asked genuinely concerned her well being.

"Birch street, Higgins drive, Cobalt lane." She started repeating it over and over again until she looked me in the eyes and said... "I have to go now, he knows I'm here." She said frantically as she ran away.

"Wait Jessica!" I screamed as I tried to go after her, but it was no use since she had already turned a corner.

I quickly pulled out my phone and called Luke.