Chapter 10

A/N: wow! Over 400 reads! Thanks guys! :D I honestly can't say thank you enough! :D enjoy the chapter :) sorry it's short :P

-----------

Zoe's POV

I don't know if I can do this...

I sat at my desk in History, not really paying any attention to what Coach Warner was saying. Our game against Roosevelt High School was tomorrow. I didn't think I could face 'her' again. Not after how things had ended. How would I be able to play knowing that she was watching me? I closed my eyes imagining her lips on mine... Her whispering my name as her lips lingered teasingly over my neck...

"Zoe..."

Her lips moving lower-

"Zoe!"

My head snapped up to find Coach Warner standing above me, looking down at me with a stern gleam in her eyes. I blushed and lowered my head as I realized there was no one in the room but me and her. I had fallen asleep fantasizing about 'her'.

Whitney smirked at my blush and sat down on the desk next to mine.

"Are you alright? You haven't been yourself for the past week," she asked, nothing but concern lacing her tone.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied not so convincingly, not looking her in the eye.

She tilted my head up forcing me to look her in the eye.

"Why haven't you let me in? Why won't you open up to me," she whispered, her breath tickling across my cheek.

"I-"

Her lips captured mine, causing my eyes to roll back. She rested her forehead against mine.

"I won't push you if you don't want to talk about it, just know I'm here for you," she whispered, giving me a light kiss on the lips and then going back to her desk.

That night practice was mostly hitting and fielding. I didn't stay long enough for Whitney to talk to me, I just wanted to get home so I could get some sleep and be rested for the game and mentally prepared for seeing 'her' again.

----------

Whitney's POV

I watched Zoe leave in a hurry. I frowned, wondering what the hell was up with her. She hadn't been acting normally for a week now. The last time I seen her act normally was when I had stayed at her house. I shook my head grabbing my things and double checking to make sure the girls had cleaned up all the gear.

Just as I was getting ready to leave the field, a woman was walking to the center of it looking around.

"Can I help you," I asked, getting my backpack over one shoulder.

She smiled, her hands in her pockets. She was roughly my height and had long dark brown hair that came just past her shoulders and green eyes that were almost hazel. She was young, couldn't be any older than 20. Her black sweats had a college logo on them, on the shirt it was just over the left breast and on the pants it was below the pocket on the left pant leg. I smirked, that college had been my rival team when I played.

"No, I just wanted to come see this place again. I played here in high school," she said looking over at the dugout.

"And, you are?"

"Oh, where are my manners, I'm Jaquelynn Taylor."

She offered her hand and I glanced at it then shook her hand.

"Whitney Warner," I say.

Her eyes widened.

"You mean the Whitney Warner that broke NCAA pitching and batting records?"

I smiled and blushed a little, but I only nodded in response.

"Wow, I watched you pitch when I was high school. You're amazing."

"Thank you. So, how long ago did you play here?"

"2 years. I was the starting pitcher all through my high school career."

"Impressive."

"So, you're the new head coach here huh?"

I nodded.

"Well you're doing a good job with this team. I've seen the stats lately, they're playing better than I thought they would after I left."

I just smiled.

"Good luck at your game tomorrow, Coach Warner," she said walking away, waving over her shoulder.

"Thanks."

I locked up and drove home. Jaquelynn Taylor.... I knew her name, she was a damn good pitcher, full ride scholarship and set records in high school for highest batting average and most home runs in a season. I wanted to make it a goal in the future to talk her into coming and coaching with me one day. We could make our team unstoppable with both of our experience.

I went to bed that night thinking of Zoe and wondering if she was alright. What the hell was bothering her so much?