Chapter 19

A/N: sorry for not updating very quickly! Enjoy this chapter!

---------------

Whitney's POV

5 Years Ago

"What?"

"You heard me Coach Warner."

I just stared at her.

"Why?! You just turned 18! It's the last day of school we were finally free to be together!"

She took a huge breath and made for the door.

"No, we can't be free to be together. We're through."

I watched their last batter step up to the plate. I held my breath, almost wanting to turn away. We were up by two and they had two outs with two runners. My heart sank when I saw the pitch. I knew it was over...

The ball soared over the fence and their team started screaming. I hung my head in defeat. We had lost.... Our players lined up at home. When I reached her I shook her hand and held it for a moment.

Her eyes met mine and my heart started pounding.

"Good game Coach," she said.

"Same to you, Zoe."

No other words were exchanged. She walked off the field with her team and I walked off the the field with mine. We won all of our other games that day. That night when we got back to the hotel I collapsed onto the bed and just laid there staring at the wall. I felt Alex lay down beside me, wrapping an arm around my waist and gently kissing my neck.

"What's got you bothered right now," she whispered into my neck.

"Nothing."

"Mmmm, are you sure?"

"Yeah," I muttered.

"Well, I'm gonna make you forget whatever's bothering you."

----------

Zoe's POV

I sat and stared at the ceiling. I was lying in bed in the hotel room, thinking about Whitney. I couldn't stop thinking about her no matter what I tried.... I loved her and I had never stopped loving her. Even though I had been forced to end my relationship with her.

Frustrated I groaned and got out of bed. I changed into my swimming suit and went downstairs to the swimming pool. I needed to clear my head... As I swam around memories started flowing through by mind. I missed her so much, I needed her. After two hours of swimming I went back upstairs to my hotel room. When I reached the door to my room I froze.

Whitney stood there leaning against the door. Her arms were folded and she had a clouded gaze in her eyes. Her hair was back and she was in a tank top and shorts.

"We need to talk Zoe," she said softly.

I just looked at her and then nodded, opening the door to my hotel room, closing it behind her. I turned around and opened my mouth to ask what she needed to talk about, but she capture my mouth with hers. Before I realized what I was doing, I kissed her back, wrapping my arms around her neck.

God I had missed her....

----------

A/N: Okay I'm really sorry that was so short :( I've been having a rough couple of days and lost my motivation to write :( But I hope this was at least an enjoyable chapter