Chapter 26

I give my hair the once over with my brush and walk out the bathroom. Luca holds my weekend bag open and I slip my things into it.

"What about my dress?" I zip the bag up. "Did you put it in the bag?"

He picks a black garment bag off the bed. "In here."

I reach for the bags but he shakes his head and pulls them back out my reach.

"Really?" I frown. "You're not going to let me at least carry something?"

He moves past me towards the bedroom door. "I'm being a gentleman."

"More like being an ass."

"I heard that."

"You were meant to."

I follow him out the bedroom and down the stairs. He hands my things over to the male standing at the bottom who walks away without anything being said as to what to do with the bags.

"We can't go anywhere without breakfast," Luca says, reaching for my hand and guiding me towards an opened set of double doors next to the staircase.

"We can if you have work to do," I respond with a grin.

He looks back at me briefly and rolls his eyes. "Weren't you told that breakfast was the most important meal of the day?"

"I was," I answer.

"There's no excuse for skipping that meal while you're here."

I mock him silently before he lets go of my hand, causing me to stop walking at the sight of the impressive kitchen I'm standing in.

Dark contemporary cabinets line the entire wall in front of me with integrated high-tech appliances breaking up the darkness. The worktops are white with a grey veining, something that makes the large island stand out with the way it falls down the sides to the floor like a waterfall. Five white leather bar stools are at one side of the island and a small dining area for six is at the furthest away side of the kitchen, surrounded by natural light from the glass windows and French doors.

I'm in awe at how bright the kitchen is despite the dark colour choice. I thought it would have been a lot lighter considering the doors are dark. However, seeing as Luca's office has a similar colour palette, I'm not that surprised.

"Coffee," Luca says loudly, getting my attention back to him. I shake my head as I look at him. He places a white cup on the worktop in front of a bar stool then gestures for me to sit down. I don't hesitate in taking a seat, holding the cup with both hands and pulling it closer to me. "And a bowl of cereal with fresh berries." He places the bowl and a spoon down next to me. "Enjoy."

"Where's yours?" I put a spoonful of cereal and berries into my mouth.

He leans across the island with his hands clasped and forearms resting on the cool surface. "I had something long before you got up."

I point my spoon to his watch that's clearly visible on his wrist from where his long sleeved shirt has ridden up. "How long have you been up for?"

"Considering it's only gone eight . . . about two and half maybe even three hours or so."

I drop my spoon into the bowl and my eyes widen. "You're kidding me."

I'm waiting for him to smile and say it's a joke. It doesn't come but he does raise a brow at me in a silent way of telling me that it's the truth.

"Je-" I start.

"Language at this time in the morning, Kaylee." Luca warns firmly, straightening up and walking round the island. He comes to a stop next to me. "I don't like that language used in my house. Not at this time in the morning, anyway."