Chapter 34

I fumble about with my house keys, looking for the right key to open the front door. "I told you she hated me."

"She doesn't hate you," Luca defends. "She just seems to think that she's looking out for me when, in reality, she isn't."

"Still classes as hating me," I tell him while unlocking the front door.

I push the door open and make a move to step into the flat. I get as far as turning the hall light on when Luca's hands find my hips and turn me on the spot, pulling me back and flush against his body. I groan and relax in his hold.

"Can we forget about her and tonight?" Luca's hands clasp together and rest at the base of my back. "I just want to forget all this ever happened."

"But we can't," I remind him. "Neither of us can."

"Hmm, but we can if we choose to."

He leans down to kiss me but stops when we hear the sound of someone muttering something in regards to what Luca and I are doing near the stairs. He lets me go and pulls back to look at the occupant of the voice. I follow his line of attention and shake my head at the sight of Mrs. Blane walking towards her flat.

"Problem, Mrs. Blane?" Luca confidently asks, getting the woman's attention.

Mrs. Blane's head snaps up and she stares at Luca. Her walking has stalled and she drops her car keys onto the floor, almost like he's startled her. She blinks but says nothing.

"Thought as much," Luca says. He looks away from her and smiles at me. "Where were we?"

I return his smile as he backs me into the flat and closes the door with a single foot.

"Now she hates you," I laugh.

"That she does."

He pulls me to him and succeeds this time in kissing me. I arch my body to Luca's as he holds me close him.

"Jesus Christ, get a room!" Allison shouts as she steps out from the kitchen and walks to her room.

We pull apart but only so far so we can smile at each other.

"Sounds like a good idea," Luca grins.

The sound of music coming on in Allison's room has me biting my lip and nodding.

"Sounds like a very good idea," I agree.

My hands find the back of Luca's neck, urging him to lower himself so I can capture his lips once more. He doesn't waver in doing so and begins to back up towards my bedroom, his hands moving to my waist so I can move much easier.

"Your workwear is very revealing."

I let go of Luca's hand as he helps me out the back of the Jaguar the next morning. I run a hand down the front of my navy knee-length skirt that has a small split up the back. "What do you mean? How are they revealing?"

"All I'm saying is that I'm very thankful that you're wearing a long cardigan over that red vest top because you'd be showing off too much skin for work."

"Luca, it's warm. I work in an office which is mainly filled with women and out of the men that do work in there, about seventy percent of them are gay."

He holds my bag out to take which I do before he rests his hands on the car, one on the open door and the other on the roof of the car. He's caged me to the car out of view from those passing and I can only sulk and look up at him as he looks at me from behind his sunglasses. He's lucky Carlo managed to park up in a space not far from my office or else he wouldn't be trying to have this conversation with me.