°Ponyboy°

I was reading To Kill A Mockingbird in my room when suddenly someone put their hands over my eyes.

"Guess who?" It's Johnny.

"Johnny I know it's you, I heard Soda let you in," I say.

"Not my name..." He says.

"Johnnycake." I say.

"There you go," he says letting go. I scoff and roll my eyes. Ever since Johnny was released from the hospital he's been more playful and goofy, at least with me. He's no longer the sad kicked puppy, he's the playful and restless one that's always wagging his tail no matter what.

"What're we gonna do today?" He asks.

"I don't know," I say shrugging.

"How are you gonna invite me over and you don't know what we're gonna do?" I laugh and point to my backpack.

"We could study," Johnny stares at me and shakes his head.

"Nope, we're gonna go do something else." He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the house.

"Where're we going?" I ask giggling.

"You'll see," I had no idea where we're going so he held onto my hand to guide the way.

We started to go off the sidewalk and into trees. "Johnny the sun is setting-"

"Well hurry up!" He holds onto my hand tighter, and we start running. After getting poked by branches, getting itchy by all the grass, we finally reach a hill. "Here it is..." He sits down just in time for the sunset. I sit down next to him and watch with him. No wonder he seemed in such a rush, he didn't want to miss this. This is probably the best way I could ever see the sunset.

I lean on his shoulder and he wraps his arm around me as we continue to watch. It's so beautiful, he's so beautiful- wait what? I mean, the sunset, no-not Johnny. Duh. I mean yeah, he is handsome, nice hair, nice eyes, good smile, amazing lau- okay never mind!

ANYWAYS...the sunset is amazing. "Johnny how did you know about this place?" He looks down, with a sad expression.

"I uh-" he stops, and seems caught up in his words. "I don't want to upset you..."

"Johnny what're you-"

"I'm not him anymore...."

"Johnny calm down, you don't have to tell me,"

"No, no, I can do it." He holds back his tears and continues to stare at the ground. "A few days before we ran away, I wanted to leave, I wanted to leave and never come back, and I found this hill..."

"What's wrong with that, we've all wanted to run away before,"

"You don't understand what I mean,"

"What...?"

"I was looking for a place to jump, or t-to commit su-" He couldn't even finish his sentence before breaking down and crying.

"Johnny it's okay, shh it's okay, you're okay, I promise." I hug him tightly and he cries into my chest. I rub his back and hug him tighter. "Johnny you've changed, you're happier now. Darry loves you, Soda loves you, Steve loves you, I love you. Everyone does, you're okay Johnny I promise." He stops crying and his breathe steadies and he calms down.

"T-thanks Ponyboy," he says quietly. I sit up against a tree and pull Johnny close. We stare off into the sky and Johnny's arms go around my waist. "I wish we could be like this forever."

"I wish we could too."