•Johnny•

I woke up in Pony's arms remembering what happened. We stayed at that hill for who knows how long, and when we went over to Pony's, Darry was asleep, and Soda wasn't home. I could've sworn we fell asleep back to back, but now that I've looked around...Pony's arms were around my waist and his face is nuzzled in my neck.

He's so cute, and yes I did just call my best friend cute, because he is. And yes, I'm gay. I'm not ashamed but, I'm not gonna go off yelling it in the streets anytime soon either.

Pony isn't against gays, but I highly doubt HE is gay. He connected with Cherry pretty well, and...that might've been it, but it still happened. Me on the other hand, not so much. Dally's old girl, Sylvia, got all over me, it was sort repulsing, and Dally wasn't there to stop it, and I was in a state of mind where I couldn't even say hi without stuttering or being too shy. But luckily, Steve had my back and put an end to it real quick. But other than that, I've never felt anything for a girl. I lied once or twice before to make it seem like I have, but like I said, it was a lie. The person who makes my head spin is Ponyboy, but again, he's not gay.

I try and slip out of bed but Pony only pulls me closer and complains. "No, stay."

"Okay, I will." I say.

"Good." He says sleepily. Suddenly Pony sits up a bit, kisses my cheek and lays back down. My face turns red and gets hot. What the hell just happened? I turn a little, and Pony seems to be sleeping. So it was harmless right? Just some little silly mistake...right?

....

"Pony do you even know where we're going?" I ask.

"Nope." He asks.

"So are we supposed to get back?" I ask.

"We'll figure it out when we get to that point."

"Okay..."

We were walking through the midst of trees but we weren't going to hill by the looks of it. Randomly he stops and smiles.

"Here," he says.

"What's here?"

"Freedom, youth." I raise an eyebrow and he suddenly taps my shoulder and runs off.

"YOU'RE IT!" He yells.

"You little-!" I attempt to catch up with him, but that wasn't going to happen. Eventually, I lost my breathe and stopped and he was God knows where. "Pony? Ponyboy?!"

Out of nowhere I get tackled to the ground and Pony's on top of me. I screamed when this happened and Pony was giggling.

"Did I scare you?" He asks smiling.

"Scare no, scared me for life, probably."

"I suppose that I broke all the bones in your body aswell?"

"Yes you did, I expect nothing less than a million dollars by the end of the week."

"Oh whatever," Pony says getting off and sitting beside me. 

I was still laying down, and pretended not to notice Pony staring at me.

"You want to go look for a job to pay off my hospital bills?"

"Drama queen,"

"Queen? I'm a king," I say smiling.

"No, I'm the king, you're my queen," Pony says, we begin laughing at our stupid conversation.

"Why do you get to be the king?"

"Because...my hair matches my crown." I laugh harder at his stupid answer and he laughs too.

"What does our castle look like?" I ask as he lays down beside me.

"It's big, and it's on an island. It's white and grey, it has a perfect view of the sunset."

"And the queen has better hair than the king..." I say giggling, he rolls his eyes and scoffs.

"And that's why this is a fantasy world." He says. I elbow him and laugh.

"Oh shut up!" I say laughing.

"Do you want a purple or pink dress?" He asks looking at me.

"Do you want a busted lip or a black eye?" I ask trying to sound like Dally.

"Whichever matches your dress-"

"New fantasy!"

"Okay, this time you're the king,"

"Well, I allow Queen Pony to do whatever he wants because I'm a good king,"

"Oh way to make me look like the bad guy!" He says laughing. We continue our random talk, living in different fantasies. We were royalty, wizards, adventurers, and as a joke, Socs.

"Come on, let's go home before it gets too late," Pony says getting up. He pulls me up and puts his arm around my waist, then just keeps it there, weird. We walk home, and Pony smiles.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing," he says shrugging.

"What? I'm serious you can tell me,"

"I don't know, I'm just glad that you've been a lot happier lately,"  I smile and I wasn't really looking at where I was walking, and next thing I know I'm on the floor.

"Aw fuck!" I yell.

"Johnny are you okay?" Pony asks kneeling beside me.

"Yeah I'm fine, I might've just twisted my ankle," I say. Pony then puts his arm under my back and under my legs. "Pony what're-" He lifts me up and begins walking.

"I don't want your ankle to get worse,"

"Pony I'm fine-"

"No you're not, besides it's okay, I just thought of another fantasy,"

"What fantasy?"

"You're the princess and I'm your knight," he says grinning.

"You're such a dork," I say giggling. He laughs and carries me all the way home.

"Hey Pony how come you never pick us up like that?" Two-Bit asks grinning.

"Because you didn't twist your ankle," Pony answers.

"And if we were to?" Soda asks.

"You better hope Darry wants to carry you," Pony says grinning.

"How come Johnny gets all the special treatment?" Two-Bit whines. Pony sits down and sets me down beside him, my feet and legs were over his thighs.

"Because he's my best friend." Pony says. They continued on their conversation and those words made me happy but a little sad at the same time. Best friend.