Chapter 6: Do i?

Michael's POV

There was nothing but the sound of groaning coming from out table. I guess we ate a bit too much pizza.

Hazel slumped down in her seat, "I feel like a big, fat marshmallow.", she whimpered. The guys all laughed while she just looked irritated. I smiled a bit. She looked so adorable, even with a scowl on her face.

She looked down at her phone before looking up at us. "I have to get going you guys.", she stated. Before I could speak, Jake started, with a grin "I could take you home, sweet cheeks". For some reason my hands involuntarily turned into fists as those words came out of Jake's mouth.

Hazel narrowed her eyes at him, "Stop with the damn nicknames.", she turned to me and her expression softened, "Can you take me home, please?". My stomach got this strange fluttering feeling and I smiled immediately.

"Sure", I replied and she smiled. I got up and waited for her to do the same. She looked up at me with with a pout, "Can you help me up?", she asked, "Trust me, I'd get up if I could, I'm just so damn stuffed.". I chuckled a bit and offered her my hand.

Her small hand lightly grasped onto it as I pulled her up. She grinned cheekily, "Thanks", then released my hand. We both said "Bye" to the gang, then entered the car.

It was silent for a while, only the sound of the radio playing. I coughed a bit before smiling over at Hazel. "I'm really glad you decided to hang out with us.". She smiled, "Well, thanks for inviting me. I still can't believe I won", she chuckled.

"Yeah, now you have to split that store credit with me.", I stated smugly. She scoffed, "And why would I do that?". "Well, 'cause it was my idea to sign you up.", I stated in kind of a duh matter. She waved her hand dismissively as if to say "Yeah, yeah".

Hazel suddenly perked up at a song that was being played, she turned the volume up and began to sing along.

"When I wake up, I'm afraid, somebody else might take my place!". She did this strange little dance in her seat, all while I kept glancing at her from the corner of my eye. I stifled a laugh and she threw daggers at me with her eyes.

"Got something to say, punk?", she half threatened, half joked. I rolled my eyes, "Who the hell says 'punk'"?, I scoffed. I noticed a slight blush creep onto her face as she muttered "shut up".

"What is this song anyway? I'm kind of liking it.", I mused. She stared at me wide eyed and I shifted uncomfortably. "What? You act like I committed the most heinous crime ever". She laughed, "Becauuuuse! The Neighbourhood is one of my most favorite bands. Plus they're from California, like you", Hazel explained and poked my side when she said the word "you".

"There's so many bands from California. It's hard to keep track", I argued. "Hm...valid point", she retorted.

We reached our block, "Do you mind if I park by my house then walk you to yours?". Hazel nodded in return.

I turned into my driveway as I noticed Hazel eying my house. "It's so nice", she mused. I smiled, "Thanks". She continued to inspect the exterior, "Hm, why is it so dark inside? Your parents aren't home?", she questioned.

I felt my heart clench when she asked about my parents. I shook my head, "I live by myself". Her mouth formed an "o". She shifted uncomfortably. I knew she wanted to press on about my parents, thankfully she didn't. Instead she quickly changed the subject, "So you gonna walk me home? or what?", she smiled.

I returned the smile and hopped out of the car, and opened her door. She uttered a quick "Thank you" as she got out.

We began our short walk to her house, a comfortable silence drifting among us.

I kept stealing glances at Hazel, while doing so I kept thinking about what David and I's conversation.

~Flashback~

"Well, who's this? I've never her around you guys before.", David asked.

Noticing that Hazel was being a bit reserved, I decided to answer for her, "Her name is Hazel, she just moved here a couple of months ago".

She quickly smiled and a bearly audible "Hi", escaped her lips. David, being the friendly guy he naturally is, responded with a cheery, "Hello".

I looked at Hazel, giving a small smirk at how adorable she looked. Sparing her from further awkwardness, I spoke up, "I'll order for us." They all offered quick nods before grabbing a table.

"So, she's a cute girl", David said. I nodded in response as he continued, "Are you planning to ask her out?". I nearly choked on my own breath. "What? No. I've only known her for a week, I don't like her.", I responded hastily.

David scoffed, "Matthew, you ain't foolin' anyone. A blind guy could see that you like her.". Now it was my turn to scoff, "She's cute and all but like I said, we barely met. Even if I did like her, it's way too soon to ask her out."

"Micheal...I just think it'd be good for you to find a girl. You haven't been the same since...you know.", David dead panned.

I knew he was talking about my parents but I was grateful he didn't continue.

"Yeah, I know.", I sighed. We both turned to look at Hazel, a few second later, she turned and met our gazes. She quickly blushed and looked away. We both chuckled and I turned back to David.

"Isn't she adorable?", I asked. And he laughed, "Dude, you like her". I shook my head, deciding to drop the subject and order our pizza.

~End of flashback~

"Hey!"

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts, turning to Hazel and looking at our surrounding. I didn't even notice we we already at her house till now.

"Are you okay?", she asked, "You blanked out for a moment". I looked down at her, her eyes and voice tinged with concern. I nodded and smiled, "Yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking.".

She returned the smile, "Okay, well I'll see you later, thanks for asking me to go to the tourney. I had a lot of fun.". "Your welcome", I responded.

A couple second later, she hugged me. I was a bit stunned but hugged her back. I'm not sure why, but I could feel my cheeks heating up.

She released me, yelling a cheery "Bye", before she ran up to her door and swiftly unlocked it, retreating inside.

I stood outside dumbfounded, before putting my hands in my pockets and beginning to walk back home.

I quickly found myself smiling before muttering to myself, "Hazel...you sure are something else".

~A/N~

This chapter is dedicated to DISHEVEL! I've been holding off on publishing this chapter for a while. 1, because it wasn't finished. And 2, because I wasn't really sure anyone was ACTUALLY reading my book. But I'm so happy that I have one fan! And you made me so happy with your comment! So you inspired me to finish up this chapter and for that I thank you!

P.S- Did you like Micheal's POV? Please share your thoughts and please vote! :) thank you!