Part 1

A grave in the ancestor's shrine began to flicker a light blue essence. It kept getting brighter and brighter until a swirl of blue dust trance formed into an elderly ghost like man with short white hair and a long beard of the same colour. Summoning a walking cane, he looked at the incense holder in the shape of a Chinese dragon with an annoyed look on his face.

"Mushu awaken" he said in his deep booming voice which seemed to echo around the shrine walls.

As soon as the spirit said this the copper plated holder began to glow a light orange and red colour. It also began to shake and spark franticly until it broke free of its hinges which made it fall off the sealing onto a cold stone floor with a clank. The whole floor was covered in ashes, smoke and dust. The same dust that made the ancestor appear form his stone. A dragon emerged from the smoke and yelled "I live!" as loud as it could.

"So tell me what needs my protection great ancestor. You just say the word and I'm there"

"Mushu!" the spirit said in an annoyed tone "These are the family guardians. They?"

Mushu began fiddling with his tiny thumbs "Protect the family"

"And you? Oh demoted one"

Mushu looked at the spirit and said "I ring the gong. One family reunion coming up" He then proceeded to ring the gong to wake up the other ancestors in the most annoyed way possible.

All the other spirits woke up with a grumble and started talking about Mulan's decision about taking her father's place in the army and one by one their opinion was herd.

"I knew it, I knew it that Mulan was a trouble maker from the start" said one

"Don't look at me she gets it from her side of the family" said another

"She's just trying to help her farther"

"Yes but if she's discovered Fa Zhou will be forever shamed, dishonour will come to the family, traditional values will disintegrate"

"Not to mention they'll lose the farm"

"Let a guardian bring her back"

Suddenly a booming voice was heard again "yes we must send the most power full of all" He said pointing out side at a large statue of a dragon.

Mushu took this the wrong way and said standing on what used to be his pedestal.

"Ok, Ok I get the jest I'll go"

Everyone burst out laughing which led to a confused Mushu in the rafters of the shrine. The main ancestor spoke up again after his fit of laughter.

"You had your chance to protect the Fa family. Your miss guidance let Fa Dane to disaster."

"And your point is?" the dragon said in a sarcastic tone

"The point is we'll be sending a real dragon to fetch Mulan and you are not even worthy of a gong ringer. Go wake up the great stone dragon" The spirit said angrily. He picked up the golden bellied dragon and threw him out side.