Chapter 11

Chapter 11
Took Him Long Enough To Realise
You Still Have A Chance

Red and the other Champions stayed quiet after Lance's explanation. It sounded a bit weird and really unusual but they heard him once and they were sure they heard it right. Considering Lance was also one of the Elite 4, he could never lie to Red or Gold because that would be a suicidal route to follow.

"Let me get this straight," Black began. "Team Rocket is starting an uprising? With Giovanni being the leader again?"

Lance nodded, confirming the Champion's statement.

Although the most triggered person was Gold. "That is impossible, Team Rocket's current king is not Giovanni, he wouldn't allow such a thing to happen," he said. "Team Rocket never went away in the first place, this is basically a formation of another Team Rocket."

"And how would you know that?" Lance asked without thinking.

"Because-" Gold paused, realising he could have made the slip of the tongue. "It is kinda confidential."

The red haired instructor decided he should forget about it since he had no power to demand answers. Not when his life was basically at stake.

"That had reminded me one thing," Red said for the first time. "The League Champions..."

"I haven't told them, since this is quite important the most powerful trainers of Johto and Kanto must know first," Lance told. "And that means the two of you. Since both League Champions are told to be in this academy, it was made easier for me. I will tell them as soon as I am done with all of you."

"Great, then tell them quickly," Gold demanded, since Red was not the one to talk. "And also, call me an idiot if you will, but.... who is the current League Champion after me?"

Lance raised a brow. He looked shocked, everyone could see it. Considering Gold has lived near Celebi's Shrine in Ilex Forest without any other more connection outside to world it was reasonable. In fact, all the other Champions had cut their ties off with the outside world with the exception of getting updates from their families. Only Ruby visited his dad in person, others had either cut off connection entirely or just meet on screen.

"At first he was a selfish child, but then thanks to you, he began to change his ways. And the fact that he became stronger after our team up battle, I guess he deserves to be called League Champion," Lance told. "The new League Champion is Silver, and in comparison to all League Champions he is the second strongest Johto had ever got."

Gold tried to stay calm. He masked all his emotions of fear and shock under a calm expression. "Is that so... then you better be good to him. Believe me, he is a good leader," he said, emotions poking his mind with a stick. Especially in some particular place... "Now, go, before they hear this from another source."

"Understood," Lance said. The leader of Elite Four made a pause before he went to the door. "Do you have any other demands?"

"Ah, just listen to the League Champions," the golden eyed teen said. "Both Red and I place a lot of trust in them."

With that, Lance left.

Gold's lips began to quiver, everyone in the room noticed. What was coming next was obvious that everyone had made their preparations; Black held on to a fixed counter, Ruby leaned to the wall, Diamond went under a table and Red went under the covers on his bed because any time was a good time to sleep.

Fists clenched, lips quivering, eyes shut, Gold tried to hold it in. But nonetheless, he failed like he always did. Feeling he couldn't hold it in any more, Gold let out a huge scream that sent everything in the room to shake side to side. A scream so loud that it could break all the glass that was present in the room.