one

AUTHOR

the blossom trees on the side of the road had been turning the skies pink. too hard to avoid, there were couples taking pictures with the it. to areum, it was like a scene where where the fantasy of the famous play by Shakespeare 'ROMEO&JULIET' bloomed to life.

only stuff like that happens in books.
useless. romance isn't even real.

"it's a beautiful yet tragic ending. i wish someone would love me as much as romeo loved juliet."

areum knew that her fantasy of finding a man like romeo who loved his juliet was hard. sometimes, she felt like it would never happen to her, but there were more times that she kept believing that a man will love her just as dearly.

~
IN SCHOOL

the slow rings of the bells shuffled the students amongst the hallways to their roll classes. "HOLDUP! DID YOU SEE THE NEW GUY IN YOUR CLASS!?" a junior in her school came screaming down the hallway, attracting the attention to areum's class. although as the class captain, areum was not aware of a new classmate, even her curiosity came to life.

the classroom turned quiet as the quiet footsteps approached the classroom. a male with a tidy suit and hair slicked back entered the room.

he quietly stood at the front of the class, before it was disrupted by areum's heart pulsing

he quietly stood at the front of the class, before it was disrupted by areum's heart pulsing. stunned by the beauty infront of her, the continuous pulsing of her heart caused her to slowly turn red and curious for the new boy's introduction into her class.

"hello everyone. i am park jimin, i recently moved from busan to seoul." the quiet class turned into a laughter of applauses.

"applauses for the most handsome guy in our class!" a student joked and the applauses grew louder by the second. unconsciously, areum also joined in, subtly agreeing.

"aye jimin! pick a seat besides the prettiest girl in our class!" another student joined and everyone cheered the boy on.

jimin looked forward at the opened seats and immediately was caught by areum's broken eye contact. he approached her, unable to hear the crazy mess inside of her then. he dropped his bag and sat besides the girl, greeting her with a warm smile.

"JIMIN CHOOSES AREUM AS THE PRETTIEST GIRL IN OUR CLASS!" the class went wild and cheers echoed down the hallways and through the walls to the next class' ears.

areum scratched her neck in nervousness, whilst jimin tried to approach her with a question.

"i'm jimin."

"i-i-i-i'm a-areum. shin areum."

"it's nice to meet you areum. i feel really honoured to sit besides the prettiest one in this class." a shock of dizziness followed by a heart burst caused areum to fall back on her seat as the class ooed away.