four

AUTHOR

JIMIN's FAMILY PARTY

"areum, let me introduce you to my father." jimin led areum towards a man, whom seemingly had a dark presence around him. it was as if he seemed like an enemy she had never met before.

"father. meet areum. she's my girlfriend, i mean, girl-friend, from school." a chuckle escaped jimin's lips as he raised his fingers to his lips and wiped away the smudged lipstick. areum flushed red, looking away from his flirtatious manners.

"good evening Mr Park." areum greeted jimin's father and mr park smiled.

"so you are miss areum. my son talks a lot about you. is anyone in your family here with you?" Mr Park picked his glass of champagne to his lips.

"no, my family isn't here-"

areum was cut off by an incoming visitor screaming from behind her. "Mr Park! lovely home you have. thank you for inviting me to this ball." areum turned around to the familiar voice behind her. her eyes slowly raised to their face to only become aware that it was her father.

"f-father?" areum stared at her father as her father's smiling face turned into a cold one.

"areum. why are you here?"

"i'm with my friend jimin.."

"boy-friend.." jimin teases the girl again and she hit his stomach. jimin flinched back in exaggerated pain and laughed.

"so this ms areum is your daughter, Mr Shin?" jimin's father sparked a question and jimin's smile slowly faded into a serious one.

"ah, yes. it seems like our children know eachother." areum's father faked a smile and raised his glass of red wine. "cheers?"

jimin's father glared at jimin and jimin stepped back. "cheers, Mr Shin."

-

the two young ones of the family distances themselves from their fathers to talk in private. "jimin. so your father is the cofounder of the PARK ENTERPRISE?"

"and your father is the CEO of the SHIN CORPORATIONS?"

areum's smile from the beginning of the ball party had long faded into a frown where it seemed like nothing could cure. she remembered when her people used to call romance useless and pointless. at this point, she didn't want to agree with them.

"jimin. let's break it off."