Chapter 1. Studio Stress

1987
Westlake Recording Studios
California

During the recording of the Bad album

"No no no Michael, what's the matter with you where is your divine energy and magic, I don't feel it. "Quincy I'm alright okay, it's probably stress or something."

I really need a break, I don't think it's gonna sound better if I keep going on.

"Okay Quincy, I'm gonna make a deal with you don't say no immediately let me finish first." I say to Quincy. "Smelly I'm not gonna let you go outside on your own so don't even begin to ask." Quincy says knowingly.

How did he know? It's probably something older people can sense.

"But you haven't heard my deal yet, okay now the deal is if you're gonna let my outside for an hour or so, when I get back then I'm gonna to follow all you orders including not work related stuff now doesn't that sound like a deal?" I say with hope in my voice.

From behind the sound booth-window I heard through the speakers Quincy humming from thoughts and tapping his chin.

"So you're saying if I let you go now you gonna be my help for the rest of the day/week?" He says with a slight hint of sarcasm. "Yes pretty much yeah." I nod confidently. "Fine you get one hour to do what you wanna do Smelly, first you need to call you bodyguard Bill to bring you some kind of disguise."

20 minutes later...

"Mike here in this bag is you disguise please try it on so I walk you safely outside."

I look in the bag I see some kind of sneakers, which I believe are Adidas. Furthermore I see a baseball cap, denim-jeans and a hoody with the Disney-logo.

Finally dressed Bill and I walk through the studio-exit.

"Okay Mike I need you full attention now, if you don't know where you are don't ask strangers, instead call me or Quincy in the studio. All the numbers are written in the inside of your coat, so don't lose it. Uhm... O yeah don't use your high voice just use you regular one." He says demandingly. "Okay alright, I get it can I go now?" I excitedly exclaim.