Military nightmare

Fell!palette's POV

    "Up maggots! We have a full day of training today!" I groan loudly as everybody else did the same. I sit up and slam my forehead on the upper bunk. Someone to my right saw and started to laugh.
    I gripped my forehead in pain as everyone started to get up, putting on their boots and gear. I sit onto the side of the bed, landing my bare feet on the cement ground and grab my hat from the bedside table. Sun glistened through the plastic window of the tent.
    A seam was ripped above the buttoned star that was placed on the side of my hat but I fit it onto my head anyway. Fit like a glove. I stand and stretch my arms from side to side, my dark green t-shirt moving and wrinkling. I grab the boots by the table and sit back onto the bed. I slide them onto my feet and tie a knot harshly with the lace. I stuff the end of my pant-leg into the boot.
    The person above me finally jumps off. It was a women with a dark green tank top. As they stretched, I put my fingers between my lips and whistle seductively. I get her attention and get a dirty look from her while she scowls my name lowly.
    I chuckle and a friend from highschool walks up to me. I hold my hand out and my friend slaps my hand harshly as I pull it away. He chuckled as well but he wanted a bit of action to apparently. He walked behind the girl and grabbed her ass roughly.
    The next thing we know is a loud smack echo throughout the tent. He'd been slapped. I hold in a laugh but fail. My laughter echoed throughout the tent. Everyone else joined in. The women stormed out with a large blush dusting her cheeks and my friend rubbed the side of his face that he was smacked on.
    "You can't get women like me, can you?" I teased. He scowled at me and went back to his bunk on the right of mine. I finished getting my gear onto me for training before everyone else, cause imma suck up like that. The captain stood outside with his arms crossed, a dune buggy and other two star soldiers with him. I was earning my second star today. When I get my second star, i'm out of this shit hole.
    "Twenty push ups soldier!" my captain yelled.
    "Sir, yes sir!" I replied. I jump into position and start my push ups, putting an arm behind my back and showing off. My t-shirt got covered in sand and gravel as I did so. After my twenty push ups I jump up and stand straight with my arms at my sides.
    Ugh, I just want my star, if I had it now, i'd already be halfway to waterfall. Why I want that star? Quite the easy answer. It tells other monsters that I am of higher rank and stronger than them. One star tells that you are a rookie, barely able to defend themselves. Now, three, that's the rank I wish I had patience for. That's the captains rank, it takes almost years to get that rank.
    By this time, everyone else started to gather around the captain. After I get that star, i'm running......

(This is mostly a Side story that I can work on so I can have something new and fresh to work on unlike my other story's)