Chapter 12: Realization

"Sweetheart! Time to go to school, what the hell are you doing?" My mom asked as I casually was look miserable, eating a bag of chips.
"Mom, I don't know what's happening. We had Leafy just die inside of our home.." I munched on the chips.

"Sweetie, I know and I am sorry that has happened. You've been through a lot honestly. You wish your father would come home and support you right?"My mom rubbed my back.
I nodded and then I stood up, making my way to the closet and then the bathroom.
"That's my girl" she smiled as I walked out of the bathroom with my hair in a ponytail.
"Just pretend none of that happened. The more you think, the crazier you'll get and the worse will happen" she stated.
"You're right.. I am going to go to school and ignore everything that seems to be odd" I smiled, fixing up my hair, finishing touches and I walked to school.
"Bye mom!" I called out and she waved, heading back inside.

I walked inside the school, students were still doing their regular things.
I walked to my locker and Max walked to me.
"Hey, can I talk to you for a bit?" He asked quietly.
"Nope! Today is a new day Max!" I closed my locker and walked away. He followed behind me.
"What? It's important!" He grabbed onto my shoulder.
I turned around, facing him.
"What Max?" I held my books closely.
"I-.." he scratched behind his head.
"I wanted to ask you to lunch" he blushed.
"What?" I looked at him confusingly.
"Is that a no?.." he looked up at me.
"N-No, I meant yes! Not no-" I face palmed.
A smile appeared on his face "okay cool! See you at Penguin Opp!" He walked off happily.
'Max? Asking me out to lunch?.. What?..' I thought, walking into my class.
"Hello class!" The teacher spoke in a very serious tone.
"We have lost two of our students this year. Destiny Burgos and Leafy Wore" the teacher sat on her desk.
"Both because of suicide.." the teacher looked around the room.
'Suicide?..' the thought floated in my head.
The students in the classroom began chatting and some were whispering.

"I am here to tell you all that if you ever need help, something is going on at home, please talk to one of us, your parents, or the guidance counselor. Okay?" She played with the pen, clicking it continuously.
I raised my hand and she picked me.
"How do you know it was suicide?.." I asked curiously.
"Do you know something about it Stephanie?" She looked at me strangely.
"No, not at all. Just asking" I sat there nervously.
"Ah- okay" she smiled before continuing. "Now class" she talked all period, teaching us about the periodic table.
~~~
The bell rings a few hours later
~~~
For the entire class time, my mind was focused on one thing. Ever since Alex had spoken to me, everyone went to me and people were dying. Does Alex play a huge role in my life now? Does he mean something? What is he doing here with me today. Something is up but I can't put my finger on it.
I walked out of the class, holding my bag in one arm.
I glanced at Alex as he hung out with his friends and I glanced at Max as he stood there on his phone.
I never understood Max though. He was difficult to identify.

Max is like a fallen angel that can't return to his proper place

Max is like a fallen angel that can't return to his proper place. The world might be against him but he finds a way to break past all of that.
He's a miracle.
He's a miracle to people.
He's the worlds miracle.
Max walked towards me again with a smile.
And that's when I thought
He is a miracle to me.