Chapter 7 - Class 77-B

I didn't quite know what to do, the exit was blocked by classroom 77-B. While I didn't even know if I'm the reason why they're here, I got a bad vibe from them just being there. Well, I couldn't or I guess I didn't want to stay in the classroom so I guess I should just continue with my original plan to head up to the roof. So there I was minding my own...

Sonia: Y/n!

So there I was...

Sonia: Over here!

I quickly gave up trying, it's not my will that shattered or anything, I just lost interest in eating alone is all... "I'm pitiful..." well I'll just have to satisfy her and quickly get back to my alone time. I walk up to Sonia.

Sonia: And this is him! Doesn't he just give out the same vibe as me?!

???: He reminds me of gum I once stepped on.

I didn't know it was that hard to resist the urge to kick a midget, I've been offended several times and by numerous people but I've never really gotten the urge to return the hostility, must be the effect she has on people.

???: You don't even know him and you're just gonna insult him like that?

???: I just say things as I see them.

Sonia: He is a gentle and kind I can sense it

Did she seriously just affirm that despite just bearly knowing me? She REALLY is a princess.

Y/n: So, what's up?

Sonia: Well you see, I thought   I should present you, my classmates, they're like family to me!

Y/n: I...See

From what little I know about Sonia, she's royalty, so I guess her being sheltered to some degree would make sense, but isn't her situation a tad dangerous or am I just severely blowing things out of proportion? I guess I'll never really know.

Sonia: So I guess I should present you to the class

~TimeSkip Full of introductions and serious brain storming~ 

I think I got all the names down but honestly, I'm not too confident.  We moved to the courtyard a little while ago since I didn't want to stand out, I feel somewhat uncomfortable I situations in which a huge amount of people set their sights on me.  I guess that's just a side effect of being a loner for as long as I was, not that see myself any different now.

Nagito: ah, yes the hope in you is as bright as I imagined it to be, one day I see all the pillars of hope standing against the darkness of despair.......

Currently, everyone was dispersed and somehow I got stuck listing to Nagito rambling about some sort of fantasy or a dream or something around those lines, he himself seems nice and down to earth but there's something about him really makes me feel like being on guard, and whether to trust my gut or not is another matter entirely. As I was considering making up excuses to get out of the situation, I heard the bell ring. To say I was relieved would be quite true, though not so much because, with everything that had happened I had forgotten to eat anything, I wasn't feeling particularly hungry now but by the end of the day I knew my stomach would be killing me. All I could do now was suck it up and go back to class hoping for the best.

Time Skip ~After Class~

Well, my prediction hadn't been that far off though it was annoying to have my stomach reminding me I had to eat every opportunity it got but, I managed to get through, I considered getting to the dorm fast but I remembered that it would most likely only have eggs again. Instead, I opted to buy something at the nearest store whether it would be something to prepare at the dorm of something already made I would have to see. 

In the time I looked for what to eat my hunger only grew stronger, in the end, I ended up getting something already made even if it had a bland taste I think I would probably taste delicious due to how hungry I was. On my way to the dorm, I heard a girl who was raising her voice at a nearby park, letting curiosity take the best of me. I got close and took a peak, there was a girl that looked to be my age, actually, I think I've seen her before in the class 77 group. Mikan if I recalled correctly, was on the floor and surrounded by a couple of kids. 

Mikan: Please don't!

Kid 1: Shut up and it will end quickly!

I wasn't really sure what was going on but even I knew I should probably help her out since she really wasn't doing much to help herself. And, so despite being of character for me I had decided hall her. I had considered a number of approaches to the situation, but I didn't want to exert any more effort than needed so I decided to take the natural approach, hoping that the kids had enough common sense to scramble of at the first sign of danger.

Y/n: Hey, kids don't you know that's sexual harassment and illegal?

Kid 1: Crap,  time to retreat!

Kid 2: But I didn't get the chance to get a feel!

Kid 1: Just shut up and run, moron!

The duo ran into the bushes, eventually blending into the darkness the trees and the almost completely hidden sun created, I start to get closer to Mikan only to realize she was somehow tangled with vines despite being quite some distance from any actual trees or anything that would have vines. She was in a position that exposed her underwear and held her hands above her head leaving her completely vulnerable. 

Y/n: um, Mikan right?

Mikan: Hiiiigh!

She screeched sounding afraid, understandably so she was vulnerable, where anyone could take advantage of her. I looked at her face, her expression showed sadness and embarrassment, somehow making me feel guilty and sad. 

Y/n: Don't worry I'll help you out 

It took a bit but I had managed to free her. Some time passed without either one of us saying a word so we both just stayed in awkward silence.

Mikan: W-why did y-you help me out? D-do you want t-to write on m-me or look at my breasts?

Y/n: What?

I was a loss for words, I felt guilty despite not really have helped her out with any of those reasons. A bit after her question I heard a small grumble, she had been tied up by vines for a while, or so at least I think so I guess she hasn't really eaten anything for a while so no wonder shes hungry. I ate quite a lot so I had bought around 5 sandwiches. I took one out and handed it to her. 

Y/n: Here eat this I bought it at the supermarket so it may not taste great, but should at least help you feel better, well then take care. 

Not handling the pressure of her confused face I make those my parting words 

Mikan: Ah...um

Luckily she didn't stop me so I left and headed for the dorms, I recalled her face when she was tied up a couple of times. She must have been through a lot were the only words that came to mind. All I could do was hope that she gets a better life from here on out though that probably wouldn't involve me.