thirty

thirty

Sirius and Rosie trailed down the streets in the lively muggle community hand in hand, Remus on Sirius' side and James on Rosie's. Peter and Lily originally planned to come, but Peter was tied up in family matters and Lily's parents had already planned a vacation. They had already visited two previous locations, one in the city and one an isolated, haunted castle-like mansion. This was their last stop, a flat in the middle of a muggle community.

"In a lovely muggle community. In fact, this entire building only has wizards and witches! Pets are allowed. All of your necessities are here and ready. There are two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and it's perfect for a young couple like you," the lady commented whilst walking up the stairs from the quaint lobby to the flat before turning to Remus and Sirius, a kind smile on her face. 

Sirius stopped in his tracks and coughed uncomfortably. "Oh, we're the couple, not him and me," Sirius said, pointing between him and Rosie. Remus blushed a light pink and looked away awkwardly.

"Really? Oh, I thought...well, I'll let you look around!" she told them as they quickly walked up the stairs to the 7th floor. The lady opened the cream-colored door to a mid-sized flat with grey walls. The entrance slightly reminded Rosie of her own home and Sirius of the home he had dreamt of.

It was the polar opposite of Grimmauld Place. Bright, cozy, open, and new. 

"This is beautiful," Rosie whispered as they stepped onto the hardwood flooring. She looked over the furnishing and walls -- the size just right for her and Sirius.

James leaned into Rosie, having heard her, and smirked cheekily. "Are you sure? I think I like that mansion we saw better." 

"James," Rosie laughed, pushing him to the side gently.

"'m just jokin'," he chuckled, earning a laugh out of the other two boys, who had already found a home on the couch.

"Is this the one?" Sirius asked, looking up at Rosie, the adoration for the home in his eyes were enough for Rosie to know his opinion.

"I guess it is," Rosie smiled. Sirius grinned and turned to the lady.

"We'll take it," he affirmed, handing her the large sack of money that he had put in his jacket.

The lady took it graciously and smiled satisfactorily at herself. "Great! I'll just grab a few things and your change," she told them, leaving the flat, a grin on her face. 

"Did we just buy a flat?" Sirius asked loudly, an incredulous yet proud look on his face. Rosie nodded her head and brought Sirius into a tight hug, Remus and James joining in after a few seconds.

"Let's celebrate -" James began.

"Yes!" Sirius and Remus shouted, Rosie looking on at them with a fond grin.

"- with lots of Firewhiskey!" he finished as he dropped down onto the couch, earning another scream of exclamation and support from the other two boys. Rosie's eyes widened and her brain had war flashbacks to their alcoholic birthday celebrations.

"No!" she yelled, calming them before they did anything that they would regret and Rosie would be absolutely done with. She would not be taking care of their hungover asses anymore. 

"Nice shot, James." 

James smirked, patting himself on the back. Sirius and Remus frowned and looked at Rosie with puppy dog eyes. She shook her head and gave them a pointed glare.