Chapter One - That Ruined My Day

"Please sir, you cannot fire me.... I'll do anything." I beg my Boss practically getting on my knees with my hands folded.

"I'm sorry Amelia, I've gotten to many complaints from the kids saying that you are om your phone all the time watching those stupid Youtube videos." He explains walking around his office.

They are not stupid. Well, maybe a little...

Entertaining, but not that stupid.

"Sir, I promise to clean up my act." I beg him.

"You should leave Amelia." He says as he opens the exit door from his office.

I huff and then walk out of the room and then down the stairs.

As I walk down the stairs, I see all four of the kids sitting on the couch laughing at me.

"Go to hell you little freaks!" I whisper and then they all go silent.

I exit the house and get into my car.

As I sit in the drivers seat, I then begin to cry.

That was my only job, now what will I do?

How am I going to pay for new video games?

I cry on and on.

I then got a phone call from my old friend Suzy from high school.

"Hello?" I ask in between cries.

"Milly! I thought you wouldn't have picked up!" I can her the enthusiasm in her voice, as always.

I try to laugh through my cry and sniffle my nose.

"Oh no, what's wrong?" The enthusiasm went down thanks to me.

"Oh, I just lost my job..." I sniffle and explain.

"Uh oh, I'm sorry to hear that." She now feels bad for me just like everyone else I know.

"It's fine, I just am going to have trouble looking for another..." I tell her and slowly stop crying.

"What job exactly did you lose?" She asks. She has such a sweet voice.

"It was babysitting..." I admit to her.

"Oh cool, how long have you been babysitting for?" She asks another question and I start to wonder why she even called.

"About two weeks or so." I admit again.

"Oh...." She trails off.

"You know Mil, I could possibly get you a job if you wanted." She states.

"Really Suzy?! You'd do that?" I enthusiastically ask.

"Yeah! You could work with me!" She says.

"Where are you employed?" I ask her. "I don't think I have you added on Facebook."

"Hehe," She giggles. "I'm actually working with my husband and a couple of his friends."

I raise and eyebrow.

"Oh, that sounds cool. What do you all do?"

"Well we have about five people employed right now. I can ask my husband if you can be a video editor."

I ask no further questions and tell her yes.

"Sweet! I'll text you his answer!" She exclaims and hangs up the phone.

I miss Suzy, we haven't talked in about fifth-teen years since we graduated.

Now we are all old and shit.