Unknown

I know it took me a while. But I got it

_______

"How the hell ya'll get suspended on the first day?!" Grandad yelled at Huey and Riley. Riley sat on the couch fiddling with his fingers with an angered look and Huey sat on the other side looking down plainly.

"Are y'all gonna talk?! Or do I have to let my belt do that for you?" He said pulling out his belt.

"Grandad I'm telling you, that teacher insulted me and I stood up for myself. Just like you taught me to do." Riley spoke out.

"The teacher told me you called him a nigga and insulted him first. So who am I supposed to believe? You? Or that pesky white man?" He asked more to himself.

"And what about you boy? Fighting on the first day." Grandad looked at Huey.

"He was a racist." Was all Huey could say.

"I'll let it slide for you boy. Go to your room." Grandad said eyeballing the confused Riley.

"How you let him go? That ain't no fair grandad." Riley crossed his arms.

"Oh shut up boy I'll make it quick." He lifted the belt and swung at Riley who quickly dodged it.

"But if you run it'll be longer now come here." Grandad chased Riley.

From upstairs, Huey could hear the loud smack of the belt hit Riley and him yelling. Huey grabbed his shoes and walked downstairs. Riley tackled him to the floor.

"Aye nigga help me!" Riley yelled.

"Riley get off of me!" Huey yelled, pushing his brother to the floor.

"Nooo this nigga crazy!" He yelled running away from grandad again.

Huey stood up and dust himself off before he opened the door and out into the cold neiborhood. He went for one of his casual strolls through the neiborhood, just looking around like his normal self.

From a distance he could see the kids playing and having a good time.

"Huey?" A female voice rung from behind him. At first he began to think it was just Jazmine being nosy and trying to see where he was going. But he turned around and realized it wasn't her.

It was the new girl, Essence.

"Hi. How do you know my name?" He asked and turned back around and continued walking.

She caught up with him.

"I heard it in class. It's so cold out here, what you doing alone?" She asked as she stuffed her hands in her jacket pockets.

"I'm just walking. I do this everyday. What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I guess you could say I'm doing the same. I had to get away from home and explore Woodcrest a little."

"Okay. Well you can leave me alone now." Huey said as he began to walk faster.

"Wait! Huey! Don't leave I just want to get to know you. That fight at school was crazy!" She laughed.

"Where did you get the skills?" Essence asked.

Huey sighed and looked at Essence. Her black, curly hair blew in the wind and her light brown eyes twinkled in the partialy dimmed sunlight. Her brown sugar skin had an incomprehensible glow. Her natural wide hips and normal sized breast complemented the type of person she was. She was a gorgeous, ebony girl indeed. But this isn't what Huey thought.

In his eyes, she was just another nigga on the block of Woodcrest.

"I took martial arts classes. I'm a black belt in Taekwondo and Jujitsu." He exhaled.