☑ #4: Skinny Dip

Sometimes, Blue would just sit at their lunch table and watch Brody and Jane interact. Because anyone in a close proximity would be able to tell that they were both infatuated with each other—if not in like. Everyone but themselves. If there were any lives more cliché than Blue’s, it would have to be theirs; best friends but not; constantly arguing. Like her very own television show unraveling before her.

                “Stop taking my food, Brody!” Jane glared at the boy with a chip sticking out of his mouth, sitting across from her.

                “But ith tho goodth,” he muttered and the Indian girl rolled her eyes.

                “Get your own, asshole.”

                “Buth theeth haff your lufth.”

                “My what?

                “Your lufth.”

                “I don’t understand a thing you’re saying.”

                “He’s saying that those have your love, Jane,” Blue rolled her eyes with amusement. The girl raised her eyebrows at the boy across from her.

                “You’re pathetic, Brody.”

                “Buth you luufth ith.”

***

                Blue was ready to check off the fourth box in her list.

☑ #1: Hug the first person I see on the streets

☑ #2: Sleep under the stars (no tent or anything; just on the grass)

☑ #3: Learn to play the piano

☐ #4: Go skinny-dipping

                “That’s so cliché,” Oliver smirked now, raising his eyes briefly to meet hers over the papers scattered on his bed. When she had fallen into his room with no forethought he had been holding his book in one hand, a pen in his mouth, and papers in the other. He had nearly yelled before Blue flailed her arms around, showing that it was, in fact, her.  

                “Yeah, well so are you,” Blue rebuked and his eyebrows rose.

                “How?”

                “Let’s see. Tall, dark, handsome, always raises his eyebrows like that.”

                “Like what?” His eyebrows rose even higher and the smirk evolved into a slight smile.

                “Like that,” she gestured wildly with her fingers, tracing the shape in the air. Now that she thought of it, he had quite nice eyebrows.

                “What, like this?” He wriggled his eyebrows and Blue giggled.

                “And you call me weird,” she laughed, but he only continued doing the same things with his dark brows. Blue realized that Oliver wasn’t at all like she had taken him for the first day. He could be rather pleasant and amusing—and weird—when he wanted to. She liked that. “Come on,” she shoved the papers away from in front of him despite his relatively weak protests. “To the skinny-dipping lake, we go.” She jumped out the window and waited impatiently for Oliver to make his way down. She had to admit that she was impressed when he didn’t even wobble on his feet. “You do that a lot?” she repeated the question he had asked nights ago and the smirk reappeared.

                “You know,” he started, walking in the direction of the lake and Blue found that her short legs didn’t help much with keeping up with his long-legged strides. “That lake is behind old people’s houses. And I doubt old people will enjoy having naked teenagers in their lake.”

                “Oh, please, I’m not that stupid. I’m not going naked. I’ll wear my underwear,” Blue scoffed and he snorted.

                “Then that’s not skinny-dipping.”

                “It’s my bucket list.”

                “I’ll just go, then—” Oliver turned tauntingly but Blue yelped and grabbed his hand, reeling him back.

                “Nope, you’re staying.”

                “Damn.”

Then Blue realized that they were still holding hands at the same time he did and hastily they both pulled away. Her cheeks were red and she didn’t like the foreign feeling she felt. It went away only when they reached the water. The sun was setting and the water was turning black under the receding light. When Oliver sat down in the sand Blue raised her own eyebrows, resting her hands on her hips.

                “Come on, Oliver. Don’t be a dumbass.”

                “You go in, then.”

                “Fine.”

Blue methodically stripped down to her underwear and stood at the edge of the water, toes curling in the frigid water. She peeked over her shoulder to look expectantly at an amused Oliver.

                “It’s freezing,” she yelled and he smiled.

                “I know.”

                “Come here.”

                “No.”

                “Oliver!”

                “Blue!” he said in the same tone and she huffed, marching back to where he stood. Clutching his arm in both hands, she pulled, but he wouldn’t budge.

                “You’re such a jerk,” she whined and all of a sudden he got up, making her fall back into the sand. Before she could stand and push him down, he was running to the water. Blue could hear his laughter and laid there in the sand for a moment, listening to it, before finding her footing and following him. “Asshole!” she yelled but his laughter only grew louder. When she finally reached him he stood a few inches from the water, shirtless, jeans rolled up above his ankles. Mustering all her energy she rammed into him and he fell into the water with a yelp. A moment later he resurfaced, blowing water out of his mouth and flipping wet, dark hair out of his narrowed, twinkling eyes. And then he reached up and he pulled Blue in.  

A/N:

I'm sorry these chapters are getting shorter D:

BUT I HAVE CASTED COLTON HAYNES AS OLIVER BECAUSE COLTON HAYNES.

HE'S ON THE RIGHT <3

Dedicated to Lexipedia because I think Raising Hell is one of the best Wattpad stories of all time and I am patiently waiting to read the next installment of that and We The Chipmunks.

Vote? Comment?

-Nova.