☑ #12: Go On A Road Trip

Jane and Brody thought she was going mad, her moms were in a limbo between straight out rejecting the idea and feeling bad, and Oliver just laughed.

            “I’m not skipping school so I can drive fifty bajillion hours just because it’s on your bucket list.”

            “Come on, Oliver!” Blue whined, pouting just a tiny bit. She bit back a smile when she caught his eyes drifting downwards. “Haven’t you ever wanted to go on a road trip?”

            “Not in the middle of the week, no,” he blinked, smirk playing with the corner of his lips. Just as she opened her mouth to speak again, another  masculine voice cut in.

            “You’re going with this guy?” Brody’s voice was incredulous. “We’ve never even met him before!”

            “Shut up, Brody. You’re just jealous that he’s cuter than you.”

            “He’s not cuter than me, Jane.”

The two girls turned to the [slightly cocky] boy and informed him in a very synchronized manner that Oliver was, in fact, cuter than him, which then caused Oliver to raise his brows at them and Blue wacked his arm. She could just feel the haughtiness radiating off him.

            “Whatever,” Brody shrugged it off but everybody saw how much shorter his ego had gotten. “You’re still not going on a road trip with this Oliver guy.”

***

            Blue was going on a road trip with Oliver. Halfway through the ride she had kicked her sneakers off to rest her feet on the dashboard. She reached forward to turn the dial clockwise, The Colourist becoming louder.

  #1: Hug the first person I see on the streets

 #2: Sleep under the stars (no tent or anything; just on the grass)

 #3: Learn to play the piano

#4: Go skinny-dipping

 #5: Trespassing and have a picnic there

 #6: Finish a book under an hour

#7: Go to a concert

#8: Get drunk

#9: Get a tattoo

#10: Climb a hill so high that I can see the entire city and just scream.

 #11: Kiss a boy    

  #12: Go on a road trip       

         “Where are we going, again?” Oliver asked and Blue put her humming on hold to turn and look at him.

            “We should go to Disney Land.”

            “Have you ever gone?”