Misthaven

"Sorry, that we had no possibility to talk yesterday", Ruby said apologetic and smiled at Emma. "What's his name? Or her name?", Emma asked and sat across Ruby. "Why do you think there has to be somebody?" "Is it not?" "It is. Her name is Dorothy. But she isn't easy. I don't really know if she likes girls at all." "So what have you done yesterday?" "We had breakfast and took a walk." "Ruby Lucas, she must be something when you just go for a walk with her." Ruby smiled. "She has a small dog and he needed to go for a walk. So I joined her. We spent the whole day in the park." "And you still doubt that she likes you?" Ruby shrugged. "Enough of me, spill it, do you have the job?" "I'll meet Mr Hastings this afternoon but yes I think so. After my performance we celebrated until two am." "Just you and your new boss?" Ruby asked curiously. "No, there were others too. I met Robin Hood. He is a friend of Killian." "Wait wait wait. You'll tell me that you met THE Robin Hood? And who is Killian?" "Captain Hook." "You call Captain Hook by his first name? Jes' Emma, I'm jealous." Emma blushed and smiled. "I know, it's so overwhelming. Yesterday I was just a girl who liked to deejay and today I know two of the best deejays in the world, I'll work at the club in the city and I date DJ Baelfire." "Don't you forget that you also work at the best diner in the city", someone suddenly said behind her. Emma turned and smiled. "Right, Granny. I would never forget that."

"Change of plans, Ms Swan", Hastings said and looked at her sternly. Emma frowned. She looked at him horrified. "Oh", was the only thing she managed to say. So this was it. She failed although her performance had been a blast. She sighed and smiled weakly. Slowly she raised. "Thank you, anyway for letting me perform", she said and offered her hand. "Oh, I think you misunderstood, Ms Swan. I'm still hiring you." "You do?" Emma was surprised, she pulled back her hand and sat down again. "Yes, girl, how stupid would I be not to hire a talented person like you?" Emma blushed.

"But I won't need you in Chicago. I need you here. If you want to." "Here?", Emma asked surprised. He never mentioned the possibility of working here. "You see, my regular deejay had an accident yesterday. He is okay, broke his leg and several ribs. But he won't be able to perform at least six weeks, maybe more. How about we say that's your trial time. When he is back, we'll discuss who of you is staying and who will be departed to Chicago?!" Emma's face was glowing. "Thank you, sir." "Ms Swan, I also need you to perform at the grand opening of the Empire Chicago. Is this alright for you?" "Of course it is." Emma was very excited. They talked about the details and Emma signed her contract. After another 30 minutes, Emma left the building, smiling broadly and putting out her phone.

"Neal?I did it. Hastings hired me. I'll be home in half an hour. Can we go out? To celebrate?", Emma was so excited she didn't let him say anything. "Congratulations, hun. But I'm not home at the moment. What if you meet me later in the Neverland?" Emma's smile faded. "Alright." "Oh come on, you ain't disappointed, are you?" "Nah of course not", she lied and got into a cab. "Good, so c ya later, babe." He ended the call. Immediately her excitement faded. She wrote a message to Ruby, informing her about her success. You'll stay? Best info ever. I knew you did great. So proud of you. Luv ya. R Now a wide grin spread across her face. Ruby managed to bring back her joy. As always. She loved her friend so much.

----

"Thanks Smee. Great news", Killian said and ended the call. He opened his MacBook, a moment later six new events popped up on the screen. He opened the calendar and ran a hand through his hair. "Great", he sighed and shut the MacBook again. Suddenly his phone rang again. "Aye?" "Hey mate." "Robin!" "You free on Wednesday?" "Well, give me a minute", he opened his MacBook again. "No appointments on Wednesday." "Great. Can you remember Arthur?" "Sure." "Believe it or not, he is back from England. Thought it might be fun hanging out with him after his divorce." "He is divorced? About bloody time she left him after everything he did." "Oh come on, Captain, he ain't that bad. I think going back to England changed him to the good." "Hopefully. But screw it and let's go out. What do you have in mind?" "How about going to Providence - there is a new club called Misthaven. Always wanted to check it out." "Why not going to a nice pub somewhere around?" "Killian." "All right, mate. Providence it will be." "Good, pick you up at seven." "All right, mate." He hung up and placed the phone next to his MacBook. He looked at Milahs picture. "Maybe it is fun, what do you say, love?" He smiled halfhearted and decided to work on a new mix he wanted to present at the grand opening of the Empire next week.