Hiya, Stranger

Waiter!Michael has the hots for twinky little Jeremy

***

     “Huh? W-where are we?” I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I was slouched down in the passenger seat, asleep with the seat belt digging into my cheek. A red mark formed.
     “I can’t drive all night without any rest, Jeremy. I wanted to stop for some food.” My dad smiled, opening the door as the engine roared to a stop. Through the windshield, I saw the dingy looking rest stop and an obnoxious blinking “Diane’s Diner” sign that illuminated the hood of our Jeep.
     I sighed, opening the door. It looked like we were in a poor small town, then again I lived in a poor small town. Other towns are so surreal to me.
     The bell above the glass door made an annoying *ding*, signaling we were here. There were two other patrons sitting on the barstools, a short teen with bobbed hair and a laptop, typing away, and an overweight trucker who looked like he was gonna corner me in the bathroom and pay me in dimes for a handjob. The fluorescent lights were blurred by my tired vision.A waitress in a blue and white dress glanced at us with lidded eyes, chewing gum with her mouth open.
     “Take a seat and we’ll have someone be right with you.” She murmured, looking back down to her book.
     We chose the two barstools closest to the end over the booths, which looked like they haven't been wiped down in months. The one thing I always loved about small diners was the memories on the walls. The walls were adorned with flags, old dolls, letters, drawings, photos, and money. On a shelf was various empty coke bottles and what seemed to be a little pig ornament.
     “Can I get y'all anything to drink?” A surprisingly chirpy voice disrupted my daydreaming. Looking up, I see a cute boy with gap teeth and big brown eyes holding a small notebook and pencil with a chewed eraser.
     “Just a black coffee, no sugar.” My dad replied.
     “I- well um- Sprite?” I sat there with my mouth open, my face redder than the flickering sign outside.
     The waiter flashed a lopsided smile, winking at me and walking away. “I'll be right back with that.”
     He came back with the drinks and we ordered our food (fries for me, steak and eggs for my dad).
     “I'm gonna take a piss, Jer, I'll be back, alright?” Dad slapped my arm (which kinda hurt, I'm sensitive) and walked away.
     “Hiya stranger, back with your food!” The waiter chirped, setting the fries in front of me and the eggs where my dad was sitting. “Mind if I take a seat?” He smiled, his eyes squinting a little.
     “N-no! Take a seat.” I sputtered. He sat on the squeaky stool next to me.
     “I'm Michael.” He smiled, pointing to his name tag and leaning against the counter. “Michael Mell.”
     “Jeremy Heere.” I chirp, biting into a fry. It burned my tongue.
     “Jeremy, huh? You're a cutie, Jeremy. I'm glad to have met you.”
     I choked on my bubbly drink, my hands clammy and slipping up the glass cup. “Not so bad yourself, Mell.” I smirked, his cheeks turning a dusty pink. He looked towards the left, where my dad was walking towards us.
     “I'd better get back to work, I need the money. See ya, JerJer.”
     Before we left, I made sure to leave a big tip and a napkin with seven words.
     “I enjoyed talking to you, call me. xxx-xxx-xxxx <3”
     Ten seconds after driving away, I got a text.
     “Hiya stranger.”