Part 4 - Lowering of Gaze.

It was always amusing to watch people holding their little treasures in their tender hands and strolling away from the crowd, secluding themselves to let completely enchanted by it.

Finding her own little treasure she walked briskly along the aisle ensuring not to seek attention by making loud footsteps, running her delicate fingers above the books aligned in a row, her natural rosy lips reading the titles of the books as she moved forward and finally her index finger landed on the last cornered book on the shelf, through a gap she got a glimpse of a man in a sapphire colored shirt, her head quickly dropped down looking her own long sapphire colored maxi dress. She winced realizing the shade was exactly the same, her finger was still on the book, some quick calculations triggered in her brain, if she pulled the book, hollow slot will get exposed inviting a clearer view of the man standing on the other side.

As soon as I remove this book, I'll swing back on my heels and dash my way out. She thought and executed it well enough, though from the corner of her eyes, the man seemed to make a similar movement which was caught in her head.

While trudging her steps, hearing the thumping sounds somewhere down the throat, the man, pondered over his action of turning his head around, avoiding the abrupt eye contact.

Relaxing back on her seat holding the book, butterflies arose in her stomach. She respected the fact when men avoid unnecessary gazing and lower their eyes, she found that quality one of the most attractive features and believed that if there was ever going to exist an adornment of modesty for men, that would be this, showing utter respect towards women by lowering their gaze.

But the point was, did that man really looked away out of respect for her or was it just her misconception?

"Asalaamualaikum Sakinah!." greeted a girl wearing a black headscarf in hushed tone.

"Eh! Walaikum salaam."  Sakinah replied while opening her eyes to meet a smiling bright face of her friend, Humairah, a pair of blue eyes, on a naturally blushed square face, wrapped white colored scarf around her head who pulled the side chair and got settled.

"So, any news about your marriage proposal?

"Listen don't ask too many questions, I'll let you know every detail if I see any progress. Now let me read in peace."said Sakinah dryly now feeling the butterflies getting rotten in her belly.

Dropping an expensive lavish designer handbag on the table in front of them, sat a good looking but fragile girl, named Eleanor.

"Hey, I'm not going to meet that doctor, I'm totally fine but my mom never believes me."said Eleanor in an exasperated tone.

"Peace be upon you my little child and stop whining, and if I were your mom I would first send you to a dietician."said Humairah throwing a horror stricken face at her skinny arms which appeared long and branch-like.

"Peace be upon you, Eleanor, well what's wrong on taking some counselling."said Sakinah while turning to another page."She isn't going to eat you up."

"Oh thanks for reminding that she isn't a sausage."interjected Humairah flashing a mischievous grin at Eleanor, who was a fragile skinny girl, and mostly wears black calling herself evil and coming from a dark side, apply gothic make up and barely laughs, but today thanks to Humairah, her attempts finally cracked them up.

"What are you reading?"Eleanor asked watching a strange glimmer in Sakinah's eyes with her lips curled up.

"Oh, she's always reading something."said Humairah patting on Sakinah's shoulder.

"Yes, but this one just bring me tranquility."Sakinah replied smilingly while closing the book and adoringly smoothing her hand on the front cover. "I'll come with you, since I already know that doctor."