Prolouge

Azura's pov

I groaned.

Pain.

That's all I could feel right now. My head is throbbing--- like someone hit me hard with something.

When I tried moving my hands I felt them tied strongly. I hissed in pain as the rope literally dug into my skin probably cutting the flesh.  My mouth was sealed too with a tape as well as my legs were tied.

Just. Great.

I groaned out again and opened my eyes lightly.

Darkness.

All around me.

I blinked my eyes a couple of times so that my vision could adjust to its dark surroundings.

The images became clearer than before and I saw I was in a room.

'Well duh. Heaven doesn't look like this you know..'  my subconsciousness snorted.

I ignored my brain and looked around. There wasn't much stuff. Only a broken chair and some rubbish.

A window was on my left side through which I could see the sky outside. It was night.

I tried to remember what happened to me.

And suddenly everything rushed back to my brain, like a violent  hurricane.

"Oh no."  I whispered,  "Reuben... He.. oh god I can't----"

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard footsteps outside the door.
Suddenly a bulb glowed in the middle of the room and the door opened.

Two men came inside wearing masks and watched me with curios eyes.

I tried speaking but the tape muffled my voice.

Another figure came inside and I felt my blood boiling with hatred.

I started growling even tho I knew it was hopeless.

The person nodded at one of the men who came and tore of the tape from my mouth making me flinch.

I regained my composure and snorted angrily, looking towards the man  "Thanks dickless."

"You know you should probably behave by seeing the situation you're in.."  the person whom I despised more than ever, glared at me.

"Sorry. But I didn't know there's a rule book for behaviour, where it states 'How to act in front of traitors and skanks'. "

The person was about to retort something back when another person entered with someone.

It was a woman.

I couldn't see her face as it was covered by her hair but judging from the looks she wasn't too young. The man threw the woman on the opposite side of me as I heard her whimper in pain.

My anger was rising constantly and I couldn't control myself.
"What the hell is wrong with you?" I glared at the man.. "She's a woman for God's sake."

The man looked at me with cold eyes. Even in the dim light I could see his green eyes looking straight at me. His figure was bulky and somehow I felt like I've seen him somewhere.

And then it happened.

He pulled off his mask.

My world stopped.

It was like someone sucked out all the air from inside me. I couldn't feel the ground and my head started spinning.

I knew my eyes were wide with tears of anger coz I've been betrayed. I've been played again.