I'm sorry

Azura's pov

"Is it weird, or it's my over thinking that I just noticed Mr hotshot chemistry teacher staring at you.. All the time?"

I choked on my fries whereas Declan coughed loudly,  at Valentine's question.

"What do you mean?" June asked, confused.

I elbowed Declan hard in the ribs to stop his coughing as soon as he could.
He hissed and glared at me.

"Kade was staring at Azura throughout the class.. " Valentine explained, while looking at Declan and then turned to me, with one eyebrow raised, "did you not notice?"

I tried to calm my heart down and answered as cooly as possible. "Valentine, how would I know? You know I was busy writing that stupid test that he took today."

"Yeah.. That was really annoying though. Thankfully I had the nerd behind me to help me out"  Valentine dismissed her hand, thankfully forgetting about the whole 'staring' thing.

It was break time and we were all seated in the cafeteria, gobbling up food like homeless beggars.

Chemistry class has been awkward to say the least. The moment Kade entered the class I tried to hide myself behind Declan. But it turns out my efforts were worthless. Kade did stare at me. He stared at me while taking the attendance as well as when we were writing the test.

It's like I could feel his eyes burning against my body making me go all nervous and agitated. I even looked at him one time and gave him the deadliest glare I could muster. But couldn't even keep it for seconds. His eyes were soft, like they were apologising for something. At that I put my head down and tried to write the answers.

He really bothered me.

"Are you okay Azura?"

I turned my head towards Reuben who was standing behind me giving concerned looks.
I gave him a smile, "I'm fine Reuben."

He nodded and then went back to his stoic expression.

After lunch we went our separate ways as all of us had different classes. It was nearly the end of the day and I couldn't wait to go back home and bury myself into my sweet bed.

I sighed. There wasn't a thing like home.

I was walking lazily to my next class as I had nearly 10 mins to go get there,  which was more than enough.

Suddenly I felt my hand being tugged, to which I turned back and saw Reuben holding my hand.

I felt all fluttery and warm and couldn't help the blush that spread onto my cheeks.

"Uh.. Reuben?"  I asked clearing my throat, pointing at our joined hands.

He must've realised what he was doing and swiftly pulled his hand back,  scratching the back of his neck sheepishly.

Did I mention he's very adorable?

I missed the warmth of his hand,  but still tried to keep my heart rate normal.

"Actually I needed to go to the men's room.. "  Reuben said, a bit shy.

I blinked. Once. Twice.

"You want to go to the men's room and you want me to come with you?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes.. -" I widened my eyes to that,  "I mean NO.. Not like that. I just want you to stay close to me. I can't risk your safety." Reuben corrected himself.

I chuckled.

"Okay I get it. I'll be around the corner don't worry." I said smiling.

He nodded his head and practically jogged his way to his destination.