Promise - Cute

Request from kaydinsfarofftales
Haha. Shit, I'm sorry for not having this up sooner I just got really busy and had zero time to write this, But I hope you enjoy it!

Kaydin

The governor had just attacked the Prison and Rick was beat up pretty badly. Carl and I blocked the entrances of the house as Rick laid down on the couch and rested. I was scared out of my mind when the governor came and attacked all of us, but now all I can think about is Rick and Carl and how they're doing. Carl's been pissed off and hasn't said a word to or his dad and I was worried about what was going to happen to Rick. "You're gonna be okay Rick." I said quietly as I stood up I had been keeping any eye on him for the past few minutes but he seemed to be doing fine for now.

I thought of the Prison as my home and now it's gone. Destroyed right front of our eyes. Our family, running in fear, getting shot at, and there was nothing any of us could do. We weren't just surviving there, we were living. We weren't fighting for our lives the whole time, we had settled down. But you have to be ready, ready for everything to be pulled right out from underneath you. Because in this world, you ether fight for your life, or you surrender to the dead.

I walked up stairs to find Carl sitting in a room all by himself. "Carl." I said quietly as I walked in the room. He didn't say anything, all he did was look at the ground. "Do you wanna talk?" I asked sitting next to him. "No." He paused. "I'm fine." He said quietly. I put my hand on his shoulder. "Carl-" I tried to comfort him but he shoved me away. "I said I'm fine!" He cried.
My heart hurt for him, I knew he was upset, I felt a tear slip down my face as I moved closer to him. I pulled him into a hug, he was hesitant at first but gave in and hugged me back.

"It's gonna be okay, Carl I promise." I said quietly. "No it's not." He whispered as I held his head to my chest. I shook my head. "No no no,  don't think like that." I said letting go as he sat up. "Listen, I promise you. That everything will be okay." I said wiping his tears off his face. He looked at me with sadness. "I can't lose anyone else Kaydin, I don't know what I'll do." He said shakily. I nodded my head slowly. "Will get through it." I paused. "Will get through it all, together." I said giving him a slight smile.

"Because you know Carl, you are one of the strongest people I know. You've been through hell and back and I don't know how you do it." I started to say. "But I want you to know, that I will always be here. Always. Until the day I die Carl. I'll be here." I said looking at the ground. It was silent for a few seconds before he spoke up. "Why?" He asked quietly. I looked up at him with confusion. "Why do you care so much?" He asked looking at me with his bright blue eyes. I didn't say anything for a second, I didn't know what to say. "Because." I paused. "I-I just-" I stuttered "I love you okay?" I said really fast.

"And it's ok if you don't feel the same way and I get that, I just felt the need to tell you an I'm happy that I did but I hope this doesn't effect anything between us at all." I said ridiculously fast. "And-" I started to say but was cut off by Carl pressing his lips to mine. I was in shock and pulled away. "Carl I-" I started to say. "It's okay. I love you too." He smiled as he pressed his lips to mine. I was still surprised about the whole thing but I just went with it. I deepened the kiss as I ran my hands through his hair. He smirked into the kiss as he started to stand up, I stood up with him as he pushed me against a wall.

"I'm so happy-" he started to say. "That you told me." He said in between breaths. I put my arms around his neck. "Me too." I said with a smile. We continued to kiss as I wrapped my leg around his waist as he grabbed my side helping me wrap my other leg around him. I grabbed his hand as he walked over to the bed, laying my down as he hovered over me. He kissed me one more time

He laid next to me and sighed. "Thank you Kaydin." He said grabbing my hand. "For everything." He said with a slight smile. I smiled back. "See I told you everything would be okay." I said looking at him. I closed my eyes and curled up next to him and drifted to sleep. It was one of the best nights of my life.

I hope you liked this and sorry it didn't go up on Thursday, I was busy. Also this is so cliché😂 like I hate myself for that. But I'm trying to make these longer cause I've realized that they've been hella short lately and I'm sorry for that also I'm sorry for how shitty they've been so I might have A/N update pretty soon about that but I'm so sorry guys and I love you with all my heart. <3

Thanks, love you lots babes. 💋

Xoxo Laney