Just Hopeless

The door at the far end of the cell room opened. Two gorillas muttering oaths dragged something heavy in front of Leo's cell.

"I can't get it to work" The larger mountain gorilla said.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Leo asked.

"You're pushing the wrong button" the other snapped. The right button was pushed, and the gorillas quickly got out, glancing fearfully at the machine and Leo before getting out as fast as they could possibly go. Silence. Leo stared at the machine. It was made from multiple kinds of metals, welded into a collection of connecting wheels, rods, and pulleys. But nothing happened. Then Leo heard a sound. A click.
Click.
Click.
Click. Click. Click. Click, click, click, click, click click click click click-And so on until the whole machine seemed to be moving.

"The hell?" Leo said.

A blue streak of light radiated up from the machine, growing to encompass almost the entire room. And there he was. Thade, portrayed as a blue holographic image. The Thade hologram grinned malevolently, seemingly looking straight into Leo.

"Greetings...spaceman" Thade snarled. "Surprised to see me? After you trapped me in that slave ship—like an animal...Now the tables are turned. You underestimated me, Leo, isn't it?

"No!!" Leo shouted at the top of his lungs. The Thade hologram paused. "I escaped—with the help of an orangutan I'm sure you remember. With this...sorcery I possess, you can never be free of me, Spaceman!"

The misty blue apparition of Thade snarled and grew angrier in his taunting rant—"You will listen to me every day for the rest of your miserable life, inside a moldy cage, alone, like the animal you ar—for a split second something fell from above in the transparent 3D recording, a gunshot. Then silence.

Leo sat stunned. Then he got up and pounded on the bars. Each time hoping that they would fall down. Leo continued to pound until his arms were bone tired. One mistake had all it took. One mistake and Leo had destroyed all on the Oberon, the humans on planet Earth. The apes should really be celebrating him instead of Thade Leo thought morosely. He was the reason they ruled Earth. They would still be a bunch of dumb monkeys if it weren't for him. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

How would he get out? Get back to Ashlar—and Ari. Leo had no clue. For the first time in a long time, Leo gave up. The lost astronaut sighed and lay down. Everything seemed empty.

Hey, people who are reading. Unless you're not reading. In which case I'm just writing this to nobody, but I'll assume you are. Hope you liked the chapter. The next one will be less depressing. Promise. Anyway, I'm going to be updating this story much more frequently from now on.

Also, if anyone reading this has any questions don't hesitate to ask.
See you next chapter...

-LopEar