Limbo's Story Part 1

Limbo glanced up as the sun began to set. He had made more profits this day than he could have in a week in Derkein. The humans my have not had much in the way of money, Limbo reckoned, but they had their own valuables. Valuables that could be traded for more money! Limbo was now walking into Calima. Not that he wanted to, the rotting ruins gave him the creeps.

Especially now that he knew the truth. That it was a place that had enslaved apes. A place where humans were the masters. Anyway, it didn't matter now. Apes were accepting the humans as equals, which meant trading, which meant more cash to go around! Perhaps humans were useful for something after all. Nonetheless, Limbo strolled into the towering arches, and into the darkness, for he could have sworn he had an extra coin in his pocket, probably fallen out.

It was dark and dusty, and the orangutan could smell the drying blood. He had been smart to stay in the cage, and let the others fight. Humans were better equipped for that kind of thing. Limbo approached the room of the cages, when,  BOOM!
A hairy body slammed against the glass, snarling and glaring daggers at Limbo out of his dark angry eyes. Limbo leaped back and recognized his former superior.

"Th-Thade".

"Traitor, if it weren't for this glass..." the chimpanzee former general snarled.

"Usually, the traitor is the one who ends up in a cage, Thade." Limbo replied tauntingly. "Where's your power now?"

Thade started a shrieking fit and flung himself at the glass multiple times to no avail. Limbo grinned and turned around.

"Limbo, wait!" Thade hissed. " I know what you want, what you desire. I can give you it. Riches. Power. A whole empire to rule."

Limbo paused. "I'm listening."

"Just let me out".

"I'm not about to do that, you're public enemy number one."

"Let me out Limbo".

Limbo hesitated, did Thade actually have a plan? If he did, he could be richer than those hordes of humans could ever make him!
Limbo pressed the button, and as the glass door rose Thade leaped out and stuck Limbo as hard as he could.

"Fool!" Thade growled. He sprang across the sand, past the cages, to the section that used to be the pod launcher station. There were a few left, and Thade recognized the pods as the same kind that 'Semos' came in. One read, "Gamma Pod", on the side and had a open hatch. Thade approached it cautiously, and climbed in to the seat. He knew what he wanted to do. But how? The dastardly chimp pressed several buttons before the hatch closed, and the engines started to revive.

Limbo came to, and scrambled to his hand-like feet as he heard a engine roaring. As he ran, Limbo saw one of the small ships like Leo the Spaceman had came and escaped to Ashlar in. Thade was inside, obviously, and the last he saw of him was the Gamma Pod rising into the sky.

————
Hey readers, once again Thanks for reading! I'll try to get Part 2 out by this Evening.