The Op-ifying

IMPORTANT FOR WATTPAD: THIS WAS ORIGINALLY ON FF, SO A LOT OF THE A/N TERMINOLOGY WON'T MAKE SENSE. ALSO, AND PERHAPS MORE IMPORTANTLY, IT MIGHT SAY UNDEFINED A LOT FOR SOME REASON. IDK WHY REALLY, IT'S PRETTY WEIRD, HUH? ALSO, IT'S MY STORY, IT'S NOT ONE OF THOSE WEIRD REUPLOADS THINGS PEOPLE DO SOMETIMES. SO YOU KNOW, ENJOY. ALSO, READ THE A/NS EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE LONG, BECAUSE THEY PERTAIN TO THE STORY.

So, I've mentioned this is supposed to be serious, but Grover is the exception. Because I also said I'm writing this for myself, so I'll do whatever I want. Is a lot of this chapter actually more 'parody' than whatever genres I said? Yeah, because it was funny to me, and I tend to write what I feel like writing, and usually it ends up funny. Also, when I say serious, I mean realistic. And when I say realistic, what I really mean is that characters (for the most part) react to things in a less convenient but more probable way, and also everyone follows the rules they set for themselves (e.g. in PJO why do they use Hades as a curse after saying names have power so don't say anyone's name unless they want them to notice you. Essentially, the only time they ever do this is with the Kindly Ones, I guess Rick sort of just forgot he said that? They call everyone else by name- oh, except Mr. D, but they call all the other gods by name, as well as almost every single monster I can think of. I suppose they call the Ophiotaurus Bessie, but only because Percy is a dork.)

Also, this is the chapter where I go a bit overboard with how OP I make him(or reveal how OP he'll become), so brace yourself. I really am only writing this because I feel like it, and I intend for there to still be challenges for Percy to face, challenges that are actually challenging, and also interesting. Also, obviously the last power the spirit tells him about obviously isn't in the books, but I just really felt like giving to him. It'll make everything much more... interesting, and it may change some of your feelings about the story. Maybe he'll end up like one punch man, where it's the characters and the interactions that make it interesting, not whether he's strong enough. If this ends up being a harem (though I don't have any particular plans for it to be) then, well, I guess I'll come up with a really good explanation for it in-story. Rest assured, in this story, nothing happens for no reason. If something crazy or super cringe-y happens, there'll be a damn good explanation for it. So, if you enjoy this chapter, you'll probably enjoy the rest of the story. Also, in regards to all the numbers at the end of the chapter, the scale of the numbers is important, but the numbers themselves aren't all that important. But they are correct, I assure you.

Enjoy, and leave a review telling me where you want this story to go in terms of humor or seriousness, or both, also how you feel about the level of OP-osity.

Reminder: In the end, I'll write whatever I want to write. I like training in stories, getting stronger, being way way stronger than the enemies and annihilating them in a cool way, and I hate just getting handed things, or just being blessed by gods for absolutely no good reason or whatever, or being uselessly strong for no reason other than they just are, not showing off how strong you are properly, making things insanely overly complicated *cough cough Starblade176*, fighting the same enemy for the whole series without any episodic elements(e.g. PJO is good because even though Kronos is the big bad the whole time they still do other stuff, every book accomplishes something, there is an overarching plot but they accomplish things along the way). If you find yourself agreeing with me on these points, you'll probably be fine with wherever this story ends up. If you don't agree... bear with me.

Disclaimer: I have no legal affiliation with any and all works by author Rick Riordan. All story elements below are fan created/modified and not intending to infringe upon Riordan's market. Please support the author by buying his books (as if you haven't already)

~~~~~

I've been wondering about something, spirit.

I know. I can hear your thoughts, remember? You don't have to intend for me to hear them for me to hear them.

A Bargain to Change the Worldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें