Chapter 3

He woke up in the same room, this time no one was there, and took time to look around. The room was full of various things, yet it didn't look messily cluttered, the light green walls making it look bigger than it actually was. His - was this his room? - his duvet was a dark brown, like tree bark, with sky blue sheets and pillows. Fairy-lights hung around his room from his ceiling, coating everything in a soft (and warm) yellow glow, and a desk was in the corner in front of a window - the brown curtains where closed, so Anxiety couldn't see if it was sunny. There was a TV on the wall and two bookshelves either side of it, books already decorating some shelves whilst others where bare and waiting to be filled, and posters where on the walls for things he hadn't even heard of. Some where familiar, he recognized a few of the trees and plants on some of the posters. The flowers where on his desk where colours - beautifully pinks, purples, and blues - that reminded him of home, along with a cactus. He was fascinated by the prickly plant, he had never seen one before and it was unfamiliar and he was curious. He poked one of the spikes on it and jumped back after it caused his finger to bleed a little, the blood reminding him of other, darker, times.

It was a nice room, Anxiety thought as he got up and started walking around. His legs shook from tiredness (he had no idea how he was still tired, after sleeping for a whole day) and he found himself leaning on the wall whenever a wave of dizziness overcame him. He really needed to eat something. But the room felt safe, and the colours reminded him of his forest, and the unfamiliarity of what was outside the dark door terrified him.

What if the others where waiting outside for him?

--

Morality was making breakfast for four, something he had been waiting to do since Anxiety's door had appeared years ago, as he hummed a Disney song under his breath. He made something light, Logic had warned him that Anxiety probably wouldn't be able to eat much, and different. The change would be good for them all. Cereal and pancakes did get rather boring after a while, the fruit and yogurt would be nice, different like Anxiety.

The young side was different, that much was obvious, he was unfamiliar territory. Whereas the others where exited to meet new people, and didn't have much trouble talking to each other, Anxiety seemed to be afraid of them and it appeared to take all of the teens energy just to stutter out a few words. That didn't mean that Morality loved him any less, it would just take time for him to adjust his habits to fit the new addition to their family.

He quickly plated Anxiety's breakfast and gave it to Logic, who had just walked into the kitchen.

"He trusts you more," Morality explained as son as he saw the confusion on Logics face, "so could you please give Anxiety his breakfast?"

"Of course," was the prompt reply as Logic turned around and walked out of the kitchen towards the hallway that held all of their rooms. He stopped in front of a door that was such a dark brown that it almost looked black, knocking three times before entering.

"Morality made you breakfast," He said to the teen that stood in front of his window, staring outside in astonishment.

"T-thank you," Anxiety stuttered, taking the plate and sitting on his bed.

Logic nodded and walked out of the room, closing the door gently behind him.

---

Breakfast was delicious. In fact it was probably the best thing that he had ever eaten, which wasn't actually saying that much. Anxiety walked to the door and began mentally preparing himself for facing other people, he had stood there for almost twenty minutes before he managed to even tough the door handle. Eventually, he just left his plate outside his door and hurried back into the safety of his room. His heart was pounding even after such a short time outside, but he knew he would have to leave his room at some point.

So he gave himself a mental pep talk to prepare himself go see the others. At least he didn't feel like he was about to pass out anymore.

---

Prince walked passed Anxiety's room around an hour after Logic had dropped off his food and found Anxiety's empty plate in the hallway. He picked up the , with a sigh of annoyance,and returned it to the kitchen, placing it in the sink with the other three plates, they would wash them later, before walking into the 'common room' and sitting beside Logic and Morality. They where having their weekly film marathon.

Prince saw no reason to invite Anxiety. Morality didn't agree, but the others convinced him to give Anxiety space, the young side was obviously uncomfortable around them and making him spend hours with them wouldn't be a good idea.

So he left Anxiety alone, they all did.

---

An hour, that's how long it took Anxiety to convince himself to leave his room. He turned the corner and looked into the common room and wished that he hadn't bothered.

Morality, Logic, and Prince sat on the couch watching some movie. The three of them where all squished together - or Prince and Morality where, Logic sat at the other end of the couch - and it was clear that they didn't want him there, with them. All of his preparation was for nothing!

Anxiety turned around, his hands shaking with nerves and sadness, and marched back to his room. He closed the door quietly behind him, not wanting to alert the others that anything was wrong or make them leave their movie. He started to build his walls and create a mask for him to hide behind. A false persona to take the insults that where inevitably going to be thrown at him so that they would hurt less, so that he could deal with them. He built a different person, a mask of sarcasm and anger hiding the pain and sadness that he actually felt.

He became what Depression always said he was, the villain.

---

Jinxed-Unicorn I hope you like Anxiety's room, I didn't want to make it the cliché teen-emo room so I made it,,, forest inspired bc he lived in a forest!! Also I added in the lil paragraph about Morality wanting to invite Anx like you said I should,,, hope you like that part.