Tía Callida

*Hazel*

Last month Nico left without saying a word. Nobody knew where he went or why. It's was just out of the blue. I remember crying for about a week wondering if he was hurt in anyway or if he died. It wasn't until two weeks after he left, Nico finally Iris Messaged me.

Now that he finally came out of hibernation and is sitting right next to me, the words and questions that I wanted to ask him left my mind. 

Since all seven of us were close together in a semi circle, I huddled next to Nico, laying my head on his shoulder. He just rolls his eyes, but said nothing about it. "What do you think Leo's memories are going to turn out to be?" I ask out loud.

"Filled with Leo being annoying, jokes and probably pranks." Frank said and we all nodded our head except for Nico. We all turned our attention to screen. Leo's first memory pulled up on the TV. I didnt want to say it out loud because it's embarrassing, but I'm still in awe at how BIG the television actually is.

A boy sat in the corner of a cramped room. The room was filled with tools such as screwdrivers, bolts, wrenches and all the other stuff you'll find in a mechanic shop. However, the little two year old didn't mind. He felt right at home in the worn down apartment complex.

Percy frowned, most likely remembering something similar when he was little.

The little child wore a tattered long sleeved shirt that covered his hands about an inch. He had no pants just a diaper, but that didn't matter since the shirt worked more of a dress for the little boy. He had unruly dark brown hair with light brown eyes and his features were petit and pointy, like a baby elf.

"He's so CUTE!! That's Leo?? Aw!!" Piper squealed. We all nodded our heads in agreement. All of a sudden, I have the urge to pinch his cheeks.

The child worked on a drawing of a car. From afar it looked liked scribbles, as a toddler would do in this age. But when you looked closer, the drawing was a blueprint of a car.

If Annabeth had a drink in her mouth, she would've spat it out by now. "W-w-what? How? I wasn't able to do such a thing until I was five! Amazing! Look at the details!" Nico looked over at her in amusement.

Just then, a women wearing a widows dress came and picked up the little boy. The boy breathed in the smell of honey-baked ham, making him instantly tired, even if he wasn't just a while ago. Leo rested his head on the crook of the women's neck. His eyes began to droop as he yawned while rubbing his eyes.

Jason and Piper both shared a conversation quietly. All I could make out was, "babysitter" and "Hera".

The women smiled at him. "Let's set you down for a nap," she said. "Let's see if you are my brave little hero, eh?" The boy nodded and responded with a drowsy, "Ok Tía".

 A word appeared bellow the screen that translated tía to 'aunt'. "Aunt?" I said in confusion. "This women is his aunt?" Annabeth shook her head, "No, I dont think so. More like a babysitter I suppose." Jason and Piper didn't say a word.

The women walked towards the fireplace as the fire inside flickered emitting a warm and cozy glow.

My stomach instantly went into knots. Please tell me she's not--

The women placed the sleepy child inside. The boy curled in a ball while trying to catch flickers of fire. In the end he fell asleep to a lullaby and the sound's of creak, creak, creak. The language he heard wasn't Spanish or english, that much Leo knew. It sounded ancient and somehow he understood it perfectly.