nine

Amy's P.O.V.

At the desert, 7:12 pm. Wednesday.

Mark and I kept making out for quite a while, only stopping in between kisses to take some air. I knew that it was getting more and more heated. I felt like I was ready to maybe go a little further.

I had no idea if Mark wanted that, though. We had only been together for less than two weeks, would he think of me as some kinda slut?

Wait, no. Amy, collect yourself. Having sexual activities with men would never make me a slut, right? Right.

I think Mark saw me having an internal battle, so he rolled off of me. He took my hand in his and stared at our intertwined hands for a while.

"You know, I never thought I'd be happy again.. But then I saw Chica, I met you.. I feel like nothing will get better than this. Thank you for being in my life, Amy."

I blushed, hiding my face with my arm. I rolled over onto my side once I felt like the heat in my cheeks had gone down. Mark was staring at me like I'm some kinda masterpiece.

"You don't have to thank me. I'm grateful you're in my life, too. I know you felt really alone for a while, but I promise that I won't leave you. I'll be here, right by your side. Please don't ever doubt that."

Mark cupped my cheek with his other hand, shuffling closer to me.

"I know you're saying this right now, but are you sure you want to waste your life away with me? It's been less than two weeks, are you sure that you want to commit to this completely? I won't be mad if you just said that beca-"

I cut him off by pressing my lips against his.

"Listen, I don't care for how long we've been together. I've dreamt of being with you for so long. You've been my crush ever since you became friends with Seán."

Mark seemed shocked at that, "But that's like.. Six years."

I nodded sheepishly. "Seán and I were best friends since way before that. We met in secondary and we used to hang out so much. We still do, but less of course. He has his own girlfriend, I have my own boyfriend..."

Mark smiled, looking back up at the ceiling. "That's.. interesting. You've never bothered to approach me or talk to me before, though. Why?"

I shrugged, "I was scared. I hate rejection."

He glanced at me, rubbing my knuckles with his thumb.

"I don't think I would have rejected you."

I hummed, "I didn't look like I look now six years ago."

Mark frowned, "I don't care how you look like, I care about your personality. Looks don't tell me what kinda person you are, personality and character does. Don't say that again, you're amazing Amy."

I looked at him. "How are you so sure?"

"Why would I not be? It feels like I've known you for years even though it's barely been around two weeks."

"You haven't seen half of me."

"Then, I am glad that I can see more of you now."

I curled up into a ball and laid myself down next to Mark, who wrapped his arm around me.

"Nap time?"

"Hell yeah it is."

And just like that, listening to Mark's heartbeat, I felt sleep consume me.