Your First Life

So, when you first begin Fantasy Life you will be prompted to choose a life. You can choose:
•Paladin
•Mercenary
•Hunter
•Magician
•Angler
•Cook
•Alchemist
•Miner
•Tailor
•Blacksmith
•Carpenter
•Woodcutter

Whatever you choose is fine, but you have to keep the following in mind:
-The story involves lots of fighting
-You will need lots of dosh to do well in crafting Lives (Tailor, Cook, etc.)
-You cannot use weapons/wear clothes from one Life in another (Like you cannot use a Wand while being a cook)
The only exception being in some Lives (such as alchemy) you can use other weapons.

So, what do I suggest. Well, there are actually two weapons that are usable in any Life.
The Dagger and Claymore.
Your character already has the Dagger Skill, but using a Claymore requires the Long-Sword skill.
So, where can we learn this?
The Mercenary Life of course!
So, when you're in a crafting life and you need to fight some monsters, as long as you have learned the Long-Sword skill you can fight!

So, when you first start I would choose a Life that involves fighting that you would want. If you want to be something else, choose Mercenary so that you can use Claymores during fights.

Keep in mind that only Claymores work, other Long-Swords are locked in other Lifes (Arcana Blade, etc.).

This is hard to swallow, but once you become a God/Creator Rank in every Life you can remove that lock.

But that seems like a century away to me....
(I'm a Hero Rank Tailor.... That's my highest Rank...)